Tested Prosport & 97kth with T35

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by cb2591, Sep 8, 2010.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Spent 4 hours today testing and setting up the T35 scope. First i fitted onto the 97. I honestly couldnt get on with it. Have used the 97 with an EB sniper and BSA 8-82 ,and it was fine. Just didnt suit the Falcon,well not for me anyway. So i fitted scope onto Prosport and i found it spot on. Initially it took awhile just to put a decent group together at 55yds. It seems alot harder using a high mag scope. Standers are really scary lol. However im now confident that with a little more practise the T35 is gonna improve my shooting. Anyway the 97 is now in the for sale section. Have been comparing both rifles for at least a month. I just prefer the Prosport, it just feels better balanced regardless of which scope you use. I also prefer the CD trigger,find it easier to set up. Infact the prosport is easy to strip and maintain and is extremely accurate, and has the looks to match. :)

2. rich

rich Active Member

I wish you luck with the T35, I'm very impressed with mine. They are best used by focussing always from the same direction, Leupold style, rather than "hunt" back and forth around the plane of sharp focus, big Nikko style.

3. cb2591

cb2591 Member

At the moment i focus from low to high. Does it make much difference if you focus high to low?

4. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    I found exactly that with my T35 and have had to reducate my brain. Funny though, we have a fixed target at our club which I always reckoned to be the full 55 yards. The Falcon says it's 53 and so it is :)

5. rich

rich Active Member

Yes, I focus from low to high as well, turning the wheel towards me.

Prior to the T35 I had a big Nikko and I had got used to the level of sharpness. When I got the T35 I was initially stopping short as I thought, well, that's sharp. But I found that if I carried on turning a shade more, the image got even sharper, better than I had been used to.

I now focus from low to high, go through the best focus until it starts to lose the edge, then move the wheel back at least a quarter of a turn and approach the best focus point again. Now I am ready for it and stop at the right place.

We had our 55 yard ranging plate (accidentally) about a foot or so too close to the zeroing hut; if you set the scope up with this, the 55 yarders out on the course looked too long. I went and taped one 55 yarder to make sure, and that was when we realised the ranging plate had been moved from its rightful position.

I focus on the burrs on the heads of the target fixing screws. It was all the Nikko could do to define the heads.

6. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    Yes to the above Rich. Before I took rifle with scope up to the club I was worried that I would lose the very fine crosshairs in the dim as we shoot in woodland. No need to worry there, I haven't lost them yet.

7. cb2591

cb2591 Member

To be honest after fitting to the HW i was disappointed. Thats why i thought ,go on try the Prosport. Glad i did,cause the scope performs really well. Infact it was a bit of a rush at the end but glad i tried it. Will have more time tomorrow to give it a real test on the Prosport. I was grouping in a 40mm circle from a seated position using a post to lean against. I got the odd flyer ,but hell,its my first day with a new scope.Well pleased.