TESRO FT Mod - in HUNGARY

Discussion in 'Others' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Sep 2, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Can Maestro, Kzozee or Boli, comment on this chaps rifle ? pic from an Hungarian FT forum...

BTW, do you know the guy ? is his gun 12 lb/ft ???

Cheers !
    :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. btamas

btamas Member

Hi!

This is a 7.5J version. I know the guy who put the picture to the forum.

3. kzozee

kzozee New Member

Hi Mate,

I know the guy and the gun. (He bought from Boli). As Tamas said it is a 7,5J version, and the originally it was blue, the current owner is painted black.

Very accurate air rifle.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  4. Boli

Boli New Member

Club:
    TBVLK, Arrabona HUNGARY
    Yes, as Kzozee mentioned it was my 7.5J gun and sold it last year. From this year I have changed the category to the full power (16J) and no longer using Tesro.
    Actually I have bought it from Germany, it was in original 7.5J state. I have sold it last August and the new owner made some color changes on it, but it is still 7.5J.
    At that time I did not know our "regulator doctor" who is able to tarnsfer this gun to 16J, I wish I had knew! :(
    Wanted to buy back, but the color changes made me said... :(

5. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    At that time I did not know our "regulator doctor" who is able to tarnsfer this gun to 16J, I wish I had knew! :(
    Wanted to buy back, but the color changes made me said... :(

Hi Boli,

Who is the "Regulator Doctor" ???? Are you sure the Tesro CAN BE CONVERTED to 16J ? :eek: !

Can you ask this person if this is confirmed ?

By the way, BLACK is the "in" colour and looks S-W-E-E-T !!:D ...but the "ECO"model is cheaper than the "PRO""

SEE:

Cheapest ECO Silver colour- Euro 1349 : http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/...e/Tesro-Match-Luftgewehr-RS100-Eco--1518.html

Cheapest ECO Black colour - Euro1499 : http://www.csp-prien.de/sportschiessen/gewehre/luftgewehre/tesro/tesro-lg-rs100-3.html

or here - Euro 1298 : http://www.csp-prien.de/sportschiessen/gewehre/luftgewehre/tesro/tesro-lg-rs100-3-2.html

Chepest BASIC Black colour - Euro 1149 : http://www.holme-onlineshop.de/product_info.php?products_id=355

Attached Files:

6. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

Jon Sykes at Hydrographics looked into importing and converting the Tesro for FT use. In the end he abandoned the idea for some reason.

7. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    The big problem is Tesro are not interested in FT , small company who have loades of .22 rim fire target work
    rifle and pistol.To get a email out of them is hard work.
    Don

8. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    maybe he did not have someone to copy off, like the steyr:)

Gary

9. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

OOOOOF, saucer of milk?;):D
    I seem to recall seeing one that he had converted. Heard suggestions that it was going to be prohibitively expensive when compared to the Steyr.

10. Jon

Jon Member

Nice one Gary credit where its due, shame he emigrated.

I never even got a reply from Tesro 5 years ago.

11. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I did. Didn't get me anywhere though.

Not sure if it would really solve the problems of the LG300. Tempted to hold only my anatomic and see how it feels scoped.

12. Boli

Boli New Member

Club:
    TBVLK, Arrabona HUNGARY
    Hi Peter,

I think we were talkinging about this before :rolleyes:
    The "regulator doctor" is one of our shooters, who actually do understand the inside of these guns and happy to fix them for us. Also he is able to convert different guns from 7.5J to 16J and vica versa.
    You can see a couple of his work here:
    www.escap.hu
    The site itself is only Hungarian at the moment, but I am going to translate it and will have bilangual soon. But in the "Munkáim" section (which means "my jobs") conatins lots of pictures where you can see what he is able to make.
    Coming back to the Tesro question: This is the only one Tesro in Hungary, and now it has landed at a shooter, who is not authorized to own 16J guns. It is a complicated procedure in Hungary. So the answer is no, he haven't converted any Tesro to 16J yet, but he said it could not be impossible!
    If I can afford a Tesro again, I am sure will handed over to our "Doctor" to make it a real 16J. Right now he is converting 7.5J match Walthers to 16J Field Target rifles.
    I am shooting the Worlds with one of his job, which was a Walther LGM2 and now it is better than a Dominator. You can see the chrony results of mine on the website above, or here as well:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1lFwP8UwZ4

All the best,
    Boli

13. Boli

Boli New Member

Club:
    TBVLK, Arrabona HUNGARY
    Hi Jon! Saw your comment on youtube about the chrono video.
    This video has been made with my gun. It is a Walther LGM2 which has been modified by Escap, I can show you pictures about if you want. The pellet we were using is the 10.3 gr JSB Heavy, speed is in meter/sec. JSBs are not weighted, just out of the box. You can believe it, this is the truth. It will be with me on the Worlds, if you are coming over, you can make some test.

All the best!
    Boli

14. Jon

Jon Member

Sorry Boli those chronos ought to be drowned at birth, even when actually reading some what like they are no where near that accuracy on a shot to shot basis. ie can throw any figure +/-8ft/sec same as most others except the CED.
    Have you tried it without the lights:eek:

15. Boli

Boli New Member

Club:
    TBVLK, Arrabona HUNGARY
    Hi Jon. The chrony is a Shooting Chrony Alpha model. This has been used on the World Champs as well.
    Yes, there is a light used with the chrony, as these are not working indoor without lighting. :rolleyes:
    The small Combros showing the same results as well. I am not saying there is no better measurement unit as the Shooting Chrony, but this has been widely used in airgun sports.
    In the open area, we have measured the same without lights.

16. Jon

Jon Member

Will take your word it was knowingly correct at the time.
    See too many of them things giving false readings, hope you were not using fluorescent lighting.

Which leads me on to it being used in the Worlds:eek: So if someone has travelled 7000 miles to shoot and has a legal power output under controlled conditions, he may be dismissed because of a misused and not very good chrono!
    The readings they give are highly variable by the light and type of light at that moment in time. Its not uncommon to see them read anyting from about right to 100+ ft/sec fast within minutes.

17. kzozee

kzozee New Member

Why, what kind do you use in England?:confused:

18. Boli

Boli New Member

Club:
    TBVLK, Arrabona HUNGARY
    I think the question here (I mean on the video) is not the exact measurement of the speed, but the variance beetween each shot. No mather what is the m/s value, but look at the accuracy shot by shot!
    This shows the reductor is a great piece of kit!

There is an other question if we like the Shooting Chronys and the Combros or not.

19. Jon

Jon Member

As said it could have been the lighting Boli, a chrono is only a clock thats tripped in and out affected by the light unless infra red.

Noticed a few piccies some time back of that chrono being used in the open, has anything been changed.