Ten pounds for a tin of .177 Mozzies

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by McMurphy, Jan 30, 2010.

1. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

I just swung by my local shop to pick up a few tins of .177 Mozzies Express and they are now charging £10 per tin,are they having a laugh or what??? They went up to £8 some months back which my memory serves mr correct was a price increase not far off £2 and now a few months later by a further £2. How much are is your local shop pricing them at???

2. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

About £7.95 if memory serves me but I will check next week:D

3. rich

rich Active Member

I think you can still get them on line for £6.99 if you buy ten tins and then pay the postage on top. Comes out about £7.50 a tin.

I went to buy 500 Hobbies in 22 from a nearby shop just before Christmas. I needed some that day so I had little option. £7.20 a tin, and they are under a fiver on line. Bought 20 tins and some other pellets from BAR and got next day delivery FOC in their Christmas offer.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  4. Jon

Jon Member

Would that be DAI or Sandwell?
    Current batch in DAI as good as scrap 0 0490 09 £8.99 November, throw 1 in 5 away damaged then theres the weights we wont mention. Might see around 200 +/-0.2gr useable out of a tin minus sizing.
    They were £7.95 12 months ago or £72 for ten tins, had to stomach it should have bought more 0 500 08.

I can get 14 tins elsewhere for £116 but an 09 batch not worth the risk by three bother batches tried so far.
    Just acquired half a tin of a decent 0 0500 05 batch with 4 tins to come free:D That will buy some time to find an alternative.

Back to 4.52 Maggies:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
  5. rich

rich Active Member

6. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

Me local shop is DAI, and I have to agree the quality of the last couple of tins of Mozzies has really fallen. Falcon Accuracy plus were still only £7.99.

7. Jon

Jon Member

I know the Falcons are good at Kiddy and cheap, trouble is should we say erratic behavoiur in wind above 4 mph ish.

Got me 4 tins coming, decent batch from 2005.