1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technical Questions: Walther Titanium Cylinders

Discussion in 'Walther' started by JasonGoldsmith66, May 14, 2011.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Oct 31, 2009
    - Collectors Club -
    Was wondering if anyone knows what is the wall thickness of the titanium cylinder versus the Walther factory oem Steel and Alu cylinder ?

Also, in Germany, they say that the life span is 10 years on the steel and or alu cylinder, and thereafter it should be tested like an MOT....and I think any cylinder beyond 10 years is not allowed on guns in 10m competitions.....This would apply to the alu ones as well.

Anyone have any engineering perspective on the lifespan of a titanium cylinder ? Are we talking forever, in one's lifetime duration ? Or is there a stat for Mean Life Before Failure ?
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Poole, Dorset
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    well, how do they know when they were manufactured? ;) Most etch theirs on manufacture, so what stops you doing the same with a blank one 10 years old, 2 days before a comp? UK law doesn't require a test date for under 500cc's i believe.

The reliance on stamps bemuses me. The F stamp on my 6ft-lb says it's legal across europe... but it's on the block, not the reg or it's internals...