Team Wild: Invicta Field Target Match

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Zatara, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Zatara

Zatara New Member

Ian and team put out a really nice video of a field target match held in Minor Hill, Tennessee.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UVWHHM9eAaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Did I catch that correctly, a 9.5mm target at 35yrds! :eek:

Did Harold really say 3/8" at 35yrds or did he mean 3/4"?

3. Thepointman

Thepointman Member

Club:
    Good Ole Boy's Field Target Club & Invicta Field Target Club
    Connor,

You heard it correctly! It was a 3/8" at 35 yards. We shoot each target twice, so it was rather difficult in the wind. I was holding one mildot left on my first shot and then the wind shifted a bit so I had to hold about half mil dot right on the second shot. Although I dropped a few shots that I really shouldn't have missed, getting that one twice was a little "win" and highlight of the day for me! :)

Harold

4. TP412

TP412 New Member

It was really great to shoot with Ian and meet his crew. Nice guys.

And as for the 3/8 at 35 yards, I hit it once. The highlight of my horrible day :)

Tyler

5. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Ok guys thanks, I was wondering why I didn't see so many long targets but will kill zones so small you don't need distance!

6. Thepointman

Thepointman Member

Club:
    Good Ole Boy's Field Target Club & Invicta Field Target Club
    Conor,

He had plenty of long shots on the course too. Quite a few of those were rather difficult as well. One that was note worthy was a 1" kz at 54 yards. I got it once then missed it on the follow up shot. That ended up being the only shot I missed in the first 8 or so lanes. It's just a lottery shooting one of those long ones that small in the wind.

They did show a lot of those close targets in the video. I can assure you the majority of the course was set at or beyond the allowable rules. (This match was not an AAFTA event, so the match director could set the course anyway he wanted.) I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It was really good practice and let me know what to work on at home.

Take care,

Harold

7. springboy

springboy Member

I used to shoot with Dave Slade when he had the Invicta field target club in Canterbury.:)

8. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Kept

They kept there targets in a metal safe in the ground and every five mins or so you would get covered in shot from the shot gun ground ??? HOLLY:)

9. EELS

EELS Member

Club:
    Kent Woodsmen FTC
    The safe didn't work though Holly did it? Cos they got all their targets nicked! Never did find out what happened to them.
    They had some very good shooters from the 'early years' of FT though; 'Lord' Long, World & European champ Stuart Lane and Simon Prosser who I seem to remember hammered over targets with a .22 GC2!

10. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Stuart ?

Ah yes stuart lane , now there was a real shot . i only once went to the ground . i think george price won that round of the winter league . the club hut made me laugh , a collection of old trees bound together . can you imagine the shooters of today suffering that ??? HOLLY:):D:eek: