Team criteria.

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by raygun, Mar 14, 2015.

1. raygun

raygun Non member

The rules for qualifying team members is that they attend their club a minimum of once per month.

Is this the only requirement ?

ATB
    Ray.

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    As long as they are a full member of the club and during the UKAHFT season they must attend their club for a competition the month prior to the National to qualify for the team.
    In other words they can't just come along and sign the book to say they have attended.

And it must be their primary club if they belong to more than one club that has teams in the UKAHFT season, in other words say that Joe Bloggs goes to club 1 regular but wanted to shoot for team 2 but only attended that club once a month to qualify for the team then that's not on, but that only comes into play if both clubs enter a team.

Pete

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  3. raygun

raygun Non member

Cheers Pete,
    That makes the rule unclear.
    It should read that to qualify for the club team you should partake in a club competition in the previous month.

As it currently reads all you have to do is attend the club once per month.

ATB
    Ray.

4. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters

Well it's been the same for the last 4-5 years and its it was definately stated somewhere maybe on a thread a few years ago

Pete

5. raygun

raygun Non member

Hi Pete,
    No problem.

I just wanted to be clear on what should happen.
    Unwritten rules tend to be interpreted a lot different than written ones :D

Perhaps the "Form" could be amended to reflect what actually should happen.

ATB
    Ray.

6. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

The Club Team eligibility was updated on the UKAHFT website back in 2013 as some were trying to stretch the rules, the original page is still available on the News Page

Just for you Ray I've included the wording (correct for 2015) onto the Club Teams page, it's interesting that you didn't know the rules yet have had a team in the event for the last 3years

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  7. raygun

raygun Non member

Hi Pete,
    Cheers for that. Was looking for info but never thought to look on the "News" page.
    All I could find was what was on the form.

ATB
    Ray.

8. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    We know the rules Pete, as ray put it the latest team entry looked like it had changed, or was now an unwritten rule. Most would not think of checking a 2013 news page for current rule.
    Thanks for the clarification.

9. raygun

raygun Non member

Hi Pete,
    Thanks for that.

My question came about because of a discussion between Dave and myself as I thought the criteria had been changed. I was just looking at the 2015 Team application form.

ATB
    Ray.