Target Stats from the worlds...

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by RobF, Oct 6, 2010.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
  2. PeteM

PeteM New Member

S&B

Interesting that Pepone used a S&B to win with.

So is it down to setting it up correctly as S&B claim.

3. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    Very cool :cool: real anorak suff

white 17 I had it 57 yards + a click for luck to nail it

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    there seemed to be a divide in people's assessment of the performance of the s&b at the worlds. Many were complaining of the problems that have been mentioned numerous amounts of times, yet there were a few who said that when and if they did see shift then it was minimal, in the region of a yard or so.

there was a petition running around with a rumoured 60 signatures of shooters who wished s&b to address the situation.

there were at least two shooters who I spoke to who had massive shifts in minimal temp changes... i did wonder if there was another aspect coming into play... i also know of at least 3 shooters who had no problems at all.

i'm not sure if the setup aspect is a red herring or not... in terms of when i set up a scope, I do nothing special.

5. CAC

CAC Member

Rob , from what I have heard they are blaming light conditions rather than temperature , can't see this myself I spent (wasted ) six months testing to death and I am 100% convinced it's temp related..... Got to the stage I would not believe them if they told me tomorrow was Thursday ;)

6. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Diagnoses of results

I have to say it, you have to take your hats off to the persons behind this, alot of extra work that helps you see where you messed up.

For me it waas the 35-42 yard 25mm shots. They cost me at least 1-2 shots per day.

I like this thread Rob.

Many thanks to the people who compiled all the info for us..........

Berty

7. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    targets

rob are those distances yards or meters

8. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Mike they are in Metres.

Alan, the Italian who shot with me for two days has a S&B wrapped in a heat mat. He had a 4metre shift on the second day, the difference was 1 degree C, lighting was the very similar on both days, a German and SAfrican had the same shift!:D

9. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

It does make interesting reading.

Looking at the distances each course has an average of around 35metres ( 40yds ish).
    About a 50/50 split for reducers and full size kills.
    3/4 of reducers are 25mm and the rest 15.

It goes to prove in a little way that you do not have to have all the targets at the longer range just a nice mixture of kill zone sizes. Look forward to hearing the stories at the Winter shoots this year.

10. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Bad times for S&B

I was speaking to one of the SA guys regarding his scope. He explained he had 2 of the ft version and he is not happy about them at all. He was hoping to see the S&B men when they came across to the shoot to tell them exactly what is wrong with the scope and tell them what he thought of their scopes.

Luckily he calmed down by the time they came. They have sorted some sort of a deal with him now and both his scopes are on their way back to Germany. Im not sure what is being done with them, but I know that he wasnt going to keep them.

I know several of the SA guys are now looking at the March scopes for their FT kits?

Thankfully my order has been in for a while now haahaa....

Berty

11. greyskullnz

greyskullnz Non member

It begs the question: (although it might seem overly simplistic)

Could the varying experiences being seen by different people be due to the fact that everyone is different?

People set up their scopes differently.......so could the effect be different for everyone because of that?
    ( length of focus depending on eyesight, and greater or lesser shift as a result).

12. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    targets

nice mix of targets there .i like those 15mm kills .i would like to see them used more .:eek:

i do like some of the target shapes as well . perhaps i could get one made in the shape of my mother in law (need to save up for the metal though ):D

13. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    problem in the setting up its not my first scope :rolleyes: Like Alan found with my **** I experimented with the **** and my leupold 20/50 at the same time,I changed between them from 10 c to 28 c with the light constant sunny with no clouds on a 50 yd target. The **** moved 7.5 yds the leupold did not move the result got a refund on the ****, which is sad as like the ret and the smooth wheel but the ranging in constant temp was spot on and temp changes so did the ranges

Gary

14. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Kill sizes

With regards to the courses and the sizes of kills used, it would be awkward to have reduced kills for disciplines as alot of courses over here are not set up for the Worlds.

There were not many gimme targets on any course. The 40mm kills were normally 46yds plus with all below that being 25mm to 45yds and 15mm upto I would say 30yds ish??

There were alot of 50+yd targets with the full kills, on quite a few lanes there would be a 50yd and a 54yarder in the same lane on every course.

The course were well planned and put out spot on.

My only gripe would have been the marshalling on the courses. If they had checked the targets when called (especially when it was the first lane), then it would have been better instead of just saying miss when the kill had to be reset as well with the marshal there??????????

I did like the chrono lane, with the chrono marshal weighing the pellet and placing it into the barrel to stop any possibility of any issues arising. I did like that idea. Might be something to look into this end.

Overall I enjoyed the weekend away and am already looking forward to next year in Italy. Sounds like another good road trip ahead eh.............

Berty

15. greyskullnz

greyskullnz Non member

Like I said, probably too simple.

Rob:

Great pictures in this thread,.......rubs the salt in just that bit deeper.............:D

16. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    :confused:

Gary

the stats are a real good idea you can see your faults, if you make a record at the time you can also see if yor ranges were spot on or not

17. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    Is there any truth in the rumour a SA shooter did a straight swop with someone giving his shitz & bent for a mk3 nikko on the last day ?

18. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Not true

Saul,

I know the guy your speaking of, it was Robbie Stewart, he took his Schmidt off due to problems and borrowed a Nikko off Vian.

Im sure you know Vian he's the big guy you tried to abuse but run off before he started haahaa.....

Berty

19. njr74

njr74 New Member

Robbie joked he'd swap. he's got 2x S & B's & they going to make good paper weights!

cheers
    Neil

20. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    I do this for all our shoots berty. well, apart from target shape.