Target plate colours

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by BigBluey, Jan 14, 2014.

1. alexb

alexb New Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    You mean like Golf :rolleyes: Let's not go there ;)

I can't see a problem providing that it doesn't give an advantage to either sighted or people with sight problems. Si I'd help ya mate I've got a couple of knock over targets we can test paint on. They need a respray anyway Graham used them last :shot:. We'll take them up to Petes Air Gun Farm as see what suits... Ping me a PM on FB

2. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    yes , just like Golf :rolleyes:

3. cliveo

cliveo Member

Club:
    misfits

4. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Having known Simon BigBluey for a few years since before his eye problems got to this stage I do sympathise with him and hope he can continue with the sport he has done for many years. The Flouro green colour would be a benefit to all not just him as Green light is in the centre of the visible spectrum of light that we can see, which is why your green laser can be seen better than the red ones in daylight.

Have you tried using an ND3 illuminator on your rifle, it may highlight the yellow target even In daylight?

5. BigBluey

BigBluey New Member

But would that not be an optical aid? Good call though Si. Keep up the good scores

6. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    If there was a luminous paint that was as easy and cheap to apply as the current yellow marker paint i think it would be achievable. But, afaik luminous paint is a 2 can affair with white undercoat then a luminous topcoat. Using it may be feasible at club level where you only have one session but at nationals where you have two sessions the extra time needed for undercoat to dry before you can apply topcoat would be an unacceptable delay in proceedings. Therefore you couldn't make it a "rule" as such because national and club competitions would be different.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  7. skires

skires Well-Known Member

My wife says I have a p3nis of a 6 year old. Is that a good thing?

Bluey

I didn't mean just colour tinted specs matey. I mean the glasses that enhance the light and contrast. On a really dull grey day you put these on and it looks like a bright Summer's day. They are really amazing.

It's really very very difficult when it comes to people's health problems and sports. We've discussed things before like wheelchair users. In this case if it's as simple as changing the type of paint to accomodate many shooters that have visual problems then that doesn't seem too much to ask. Will the new paint cause glare issues through the scope for other shooters? Will the repainting take too long? Small targets like lollipops ... what do you do when the paint is shot off these?

Would something as simple as get special permission to shoot last in a group because of your health issue. Sounds like you are shooting more for fun rather than winning anything. So rather than you being first up on some targets and searching around for targets ... you go last and at least you'll get to see the target drop if your partner(s) knock it down. That may give you reference points re trees/branches etc that may help you get on the target easier. I personally only think going first is a disadvantage for the first few 'fresh' targets anyway. After a few lanes tough targets have so much history anyway. You also never really know if the previous miss was wind or a poor shot so in that instance going first means you have nothing to maybe confuse you. So I don't see a problem in you being allowed to go last so you get a good viewing of the targets.

8. cliveo

cliveo Member

Club:
    misfits
    skires
    I didn't mean just colour tinted specs matey. I mean the glasses that enhance the light and contrast. On a really dull grey day you put these on and it looks like a bright Summer's day. They are really amazing.
    skires
    that's a good call actually, after my op's i was recommended "serengeti" sunglasses by the optician my consultant sent me to. they are anti glare and super contrast, excellent for driving/shooting and picking out detail, hope this helps a bit.
    Clive.

9. rogb

rogb Member

Noooooooooooooooo
    :eek:
    It took long enough to get yellow and white, don't start em off on green now please:eek:o

10. BigBluey

BigBluey New Member

Yes I use these filtered glasses as matter of course even just out and about. As you say they are great at contrast, unlike sunglasses.
    I used to shoot the UKs and the World's but not being able to drive I can't make them anymore, but also knowing theres a good chance I won't be able to see some of the targets and I'll hold everyone up also puts me off. It's not fair on the vsdt numbers to be waiting around, especially as I can often go over the 2 minutes.

11. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Again, Have you thought about 10m Shooting ???

12. BigBluey

BigBluey New Member

Yes, but I used to really enjoy hft, and a small change would make a massive difference and enable me and others to keep participating.

13. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

I agree, BUT if some clubs don't adopt the new colour targets then you have had a wasted journey ??

LAity

14. Kenny-W

Kenny-W New Member

I'm actually quite concerned about the nature of this post.

Isn't this an accident waiting to possibly happen? Secondly how much is the paint going to cost the club extra and once it's been faceplated and flakes off, is it really going to make a difference? as your back to square one?

15. BigBluey

BigBluey New Member

Hence why it was posted in this section. If the Ukahft was to adopt it then any club affiliated and shooting to Ukahft rules would comply.

Kenny as for your point on shot up plates, even if the plate was badly shot up there would still be some paint remaining.
    And I would also like to point out that I am as 100% ssfe as most other shooters. I have never had anyone bring up a concern.

As I keep saying and will keep on saying. Its not just me this would benefit, its only a colour change.

16. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    i agree.
    there is no easy way to say what I want to say ............ so i will leave to someone else :)

17. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Do they do a bright orange line marking paint ? Would this be an option ? EDIT, it seems they do.. is this hard for people with colour blindness to see ?
    As said, the day glo takes to long to set, whereas line paint dries fast & needs no undercoat before aplication, plus it's expensive..

18. BigBluey

BigBluey New Member

Its a free world sultana. Say what you have to say, all input is valued whether people agree or not. But before making a sweeping statement make sure you know the facts first.

19. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft

what colour jackets do you suggest for the marshalls :D

20. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    I'd like to hope he's not that blind :eek::D