Target Colour for UKAHFT rounds

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Announcements' started by Scooby, May 24, 2010.

1. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Part of the UKAHFT format states

Please also ensure that obscured or dark targets do not put people with cheaper scopes at a disadvantage.

The idea of this was to allow shooters a good chance of spotting the kill zone on targets in dark areas that have been shot by 70+ shooters by the time they get to them.

Unfortunately it's not always an easy job for the course setters as conditions change throughout the day & what looks like a fantastic shot when setting a course can be a nightmare for someone with a few lanes to shoot.

Therefore for all the remaining rounds in 2010 all targets will be painted with a black "kill zone" & either a yellow or white face plate.

2. silver fox

silver fox New Member

Great then maybe there'll be no time wasted trying to find the buggers.

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Is the national Hft comp not done on the clock then ?

4. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    It is I believe but if you can't physically find the target right away it's hardly fair is it :rolleyes:
    BTW I had to look for a few at Bisley at the weekend & I don't usually struggle with that so I can see how it slowed people down.

5. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

There is supposed to be a 2 minute per target time frame that can be enforced by the Marshalls. Although when shooting HFT 2 minutes is a flippin long time to spend on a target.

6. griggzy

griggzy Dop's *****

i thought the 2 mins started from the time you actually look through the scope as it does in FT ??????? if not i think that some people with lesser eye sight are at a bit of a disadvantage , there were a few targets at bisley that took me a while just to see where they were :eek::eek::eek:

7. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    The 2 min starts as you approach the peg and yes it is timed. The problem with having 2 min from when you look through the scope is last year we had a chap who took 2 to 3 minutes range finding, then went back to his bag got the gun had another look, then got settled had another look, then put the scope to his eye and took 2 minutes to shoot.

This is slightly exaggerated but not much.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  8. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Steve, I'm blinder than most (can't see a target past 13y) and will happily share how I manage to find and shoot a target in under a minute.:)

9. simmmo

simmmo Active Member

We changed to this colour scheme a while back and it has speeded up target acquisition tremendously.
    Great idea.

Andy

10. raygun

raygun Non member

Excellent decision.

We tried a range of colour combinations and found the yellow faceplate to be the best. Currently we use a fluorescent red for the kill but black still stands out.

We've also found that yellow line paint lasts well and is easy to use.

The decision is also firmly within the ethos of HFT in that it levels out the kit required.

ATB
    Ray.

11. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    Here's a good tip. Pull string, lo and behold there's a target on the end of it :)

12. sultano

sultano Member

Club:
    cambridge hft
    before or after youve shot it ;)

13. AndyIoW

AndyIoW Member

Thats OK provided that the target is not is a dark hole in a dark woods and painted black, and the string goes reasonably straight to the target :D. Have spent 2 minutes looking for a target before.