System Gemini onto Steyr

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by CharlieM, Sep 6, 2009.

1. CharlieM

CharlieM Spring Time

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Resigned myself to finally getting a hook.

The Gemini seems to offer the most adjustment though I like the look of the TEC-HRO.

Anyway a quick question for those who have the Gemini.

Do I need the full set up with the carrier or will the 1 piece set without carrier fit to the existing back plate?

Thanks, Charlie

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    butt hook

you will need full system with the carrier so you can get up and down movement for standers kneelers and move back up sitting etc:)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  3. CharlieM

CharlieM Spring Time

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Thanks Chris. :cool:

4. CharlieM

CharlieM Spring Time

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Well never being one to follow convention I changed my mind at the last minute and went for the TEC-HRO (superb service from Intershoot btw).

It arrived today and it bolts easily onto the Steyr back plate with bolts and nuts provided. The build quality appears very good and consists of stainless and anodised alli and looks like it could have been made to match the Steyr.

The level of adjustment is crackers with the top and bottom plates being effectively located in ball sockets and also adjustable on the horizontal axis. The centre plate adjusts for depth and vertical angle. The hook can be positioned to bend through both the vertical and horizontal. If you couldn't get this to fit and give support then I think you need to get on your spaceship and head back to your own planet.

Of course the proof will be on the range/course but on face value I'm extremely pleased with it.

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Will it be on for Sunday then?

6. CharlieM

CharlieM Spring Time

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Sundays looking a little doubtful at present unfortunately but a slim chance. Failing that it will have its first run at the Euros, surely the ideal comp to be testing new kit :eek: :D