System Gemini Buut Hook Assembly

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by DeanB, Aug 29, 2012.

1. DeanB

DeanB Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    I'm looking to buy a Gemini butt hook assembly to fit to an EV2 MkII. Whats is the best way to do it?

I assume that the rod spacing on the Gemini is different to that on the EV2. In that case, do you drill new holes in the Gemini back plate or put another plate into the EV2? Or tis here another option?

I don't want to have the butt a long way from the stock so putting the Gemini onto existing parts of the EV2 butt assembly isn't a good option for me.

If anyone is looking to sell one then please pm.

Advice appreciated.

Dean

2. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!
    Contact Johno (Knobman) on here he did mine to my spec.

Attached Files:

3. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    And he did mine for a MK1 / 2 stock too (Two rods).

4. Rutty

Rutty New Member

The Gemini butt plate has a number of pre-drilled holes to accommodate different manufacturers configurations. Whether one of them is similar to your's I do not know. Why not measure the centre to centre distance and then ask HPS?

Now, I am a smallbore shooter with some 10mtr experience. I know a little about FT, but not much. I do know quite a bit about the Gemini butt plate and consider it an excellent piece of equipment for maintaining consistent shoulder contact. I used to have 3 of them, one each for prone, standing and kneeling. They are not easy to set up properly and do take a lot of fiddling around to get them correct.

Now unless you are intending to shoot from exactly the same position each time. with the rifle in exactly the same position in the shoulder then I would seriously consider whether or not the Gemini is the the equipment for the job. It is the Rolls Royce solution with all the adjustment you would ever want, but is it what you need for FT?

Personally I would consider the following:

Gemini Aktiv Standard Rifle butt plate
    TEC- HRO Standard butt plate
    MEC Contact III Butt Plate

They all come out about £200 cheaper than the all singing and dancing Gemini.

FWIW

Rutty

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  5. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    I agree with Rutty, the others are better than the Gemini, go for the TEC HRO fusion ;)

6. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston
    Needs modifications to make fit a mk2 stock....if its a mk3 or 4 stock needs knobmans attention and a bit o extra spend.....have a look at mine this weekend dean if you want to know what it entails to put one one a mk2.

7. DeanB

DeanB Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Thanks, Dave, see you on Saturday. And thanks to others for their ideas. Been thinking about this for a while - seems more thought still needed.
    Dean