Swefta Showdown

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by NJR 100, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

Congratulations to Rob and Rob, well done and good shooting.
    And well done to Nigel Palmer for kicking me out of the showdown in round 3!!
    Thanks also, to everyone behind the scenes for a great shoot and great food.

Atb,

Alec.

2. dae2830

dae2830 Member

i second that,thanks to everybody who made it possible:)

thanks to alf and barry for putting up with me,pleasure shooting with you

3. rich

rich Active Member

I think what was rewarding about today was a side effect of the fact that many of the bigger names in the region were unable to come for one reason or another, and that gave scope for several shooters to come in as reserves who otherwise might not have had the chance, and they all did pretty well and enjoyed their day.

Anticipating that, is one reason why we made today's course just a little bit easier than usual, also bearing in mind that it was against the clock, only 60 seconds for two targets.

I'd like to thank all those who turned up to take part; after the last league shoot's appalling weather in July (!) I could not have blamed you if you'd stayed indoors. For the four no-shows, well, you missed a good day. Actually I think having only four no-shows must be a SWEFTA record.........! :eek:

4. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Any sign or round by round results rich?

5. rich

rich Active Member

Well, yes.

Try this link to download a jpeg. I'm not able to place material on this forum's host.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc59/richex21/showdownresults.jpg

There were four no-shows and these are indicated with the word BYE rather than name publicly the person.

In the Plate, Alf Rowe was not able to shoot so Lloyd Gray went through. Then we had a small admin error, LLoyd should have shot against Rob Meatyard but instead he was paired with Rob Taylor. It doesn't matter as both Taylor and Meatyard went through and met in the semi final.

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    We did wonder about the weather coming down the a30, wipers were on full speed! :eek:

A very enjoyable day, quite testing as well. Nice to see all having fun with the showdown, tell Les he has 60 seconds, not 30! :D Thanks to all that made it so.