SWEFTA Round 4 : Shebbear Shooters

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by RobF, Jan 4, 2009.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
  2. rich

rich Active Member

Quite a few changes to the course since most of you were here last time. Average lane length is up a little, but not much. Reducers are in temporary position, and apertures will be chosen on Sunday morning depending on what the wind is doing.

It's all looking very good, with just enough grass to give the lanes a chiselled appearance. We've painted the freestyle targets black with yellow kills, and just to help those who might not spot the clues printed on the scorecard :(nor the signs at the shooting positions :(:( nor the K or S by the targets,:(:(:( the positionals are yellow with black kills. :) Four standers and four kneelers.

We're replacing a few targets on the hunter course, new stocks arriving tomorrow (hopefully). Hunter targets are red with yellow kills.

Lots of dandelions out at the moment, don't get carried away, they're not the real kill zones.:D

The speedshoot was popular when we held the SWEFTA showdown here last year, so we're putting that out at the far end as a side shoot. Our speedshoot comprises a rack or frame of four silhouettes, instead of being at varying distances they are put out at about 25 to 30 yards, the rams are painted red and the others are painted yellow, blue and black as they get smaller. You score as in snooker, hit a red and that gives you the right to go for a colour.

Bacon rolls and hot drinks on arrival, for lunch the ladies are putting on a chicken casserole with hot baby spuds and peas I gather, home made shortcake biscuits for the non-dieters, and there will be plenty of cans of coke in the fridge.

I'll be putting out the usual finger board signs at nearby junctions; if you have satnav punch in EX21 5HH.

3. RobF

Club:
    Cool... should see you there Rich :)

4. rich

rich Active Member

Rob, I think this will be your first trip here. Welcome, a Shebbear virgin. :eek:

5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

We like Virgins at shebbear........;)

6. rich

rich Active Member

Weather is not quite so nice as it has been for the last fortnight. However the course is looking good and I think there will be enough challenge over the last few lanes to initiate some weeping and gnashing of teeth.

For those reading this and coming tomorrow, please take care not to shoot the wrong target at number 37. ;)

They are all numbered so there should be no mistakes. :)

7. RobF

Club:
    Cool... see you guys there.

(chastity belt is already packed :D)

8. rich

rich Active Member

Well done a certain Mr F on here for taking first place in AA today, joint score 34 ex 40 with a certain Mr J on here, Mr J losing the toss of the coin. Two shots ahead of the third place man Steve Franklin, one time runner up world champ on 32.

Excellent performance by a certain Mr C to score 32 and take top slot in A grade, Dave confided that it was one of his personal bests.

Glad you enjoyed the day, Rob, and thanks for your kind words about the course. I look forward to seeing some photos.

Rich.

9. RobF

Club:
    Cheers Rich. It's always helped when you have a good day, but I really enjoyed that course. Nothing of total ease there, no real room for error either, but not repetitive either. The reducers out to 42 (or 41 if you rangefound the wrong bit;)) were quite an enjoyable challenge in that breeze... but it's not like it was a course made up of them, plenty of full size kills at varying ranges to keep you busy... off the kill for a stander at 20yds was fun :D.

I would say that I wouldn't mind it if there was a 40yd ish 25mm on GP's now and then... and perhaps the odd 15mm as well.

Dave shot well, I also think it was one of his best shoots... there was no way the course was going to let you get away with any error today.

Pics are up here :) Feel free to borrow them for the SWEFTA site.

Looking forward to the instructor's course :)

10. dae2830

dae2830 Member

hunter scores

hi rich,
    i came to the shoot on sunday 26th, very nice day,nice course,lucky with weather.
    just wondering if you have results for hunter re-coiling by any chance thx
    dartmoor marksmen

11. rich

rich Active Member

Thanks

Here you go, recoiling hunter scores

John Farbrother 51
    Graham Tucker 49
    Garry Marshall 49
    Damien Hewings 48
    Lloyd Gray 44

Small number but tight scoring.

Rich

12. RobF

Club:
    Full results are here :)

(i'm sure they'll find their way onto www.swefta.org.uk soon)

Attached Files:

13. dae2830

dae2830 Member

hunter scores

thx rich,appreciate the hunter scores,cheers