Swefta league shebbear

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by RAIDER, Aug 31, 2015.

1. RAIDER

RAIDER Member

Club:
    East Devon FTC
    Not got scores in yet, but with not the best weather it was a good shoot. I have never known SHEBBEAR without wind the ground is perched high in mid Devon.
    Very pleased with my ED members who are practising very hard and not willing to give up the team champs cup.
    Tony FOURACRES nearly done a back to back 40/40 but he miss dialled a short one for a 39/40 open grade after a fortnight ago 40/40 at ED.
    Thanks to all at SHEBBEAR the ladies who done the catering and tee. Also the guys who set the course.
    Jeremy

2. TonyF

TonyF SWEFTA FT Champion 2006

Club:
    Mendip, East Devon, Avon Hawks and Oaktree.
    Top Scores

I believe two others also had 39 ex 40 yesterday, Steve Franklin AA grade winning the overall competition and Graham Murfin .... Nice shooting chaps! :)

Graham who also shoots Open Class only started shooting competitively within SWEFTA last year and have come on leaps and bounds. He is currently lying in 2nd place in Open and always puts in a strong performance. Nice shooting Graham and well very done! :)

3. Joe Pike

Joe Pike New Member

Club:
    Duchy
    Shebear

Hi Tony

Thanks for that, some good shooting shame about the rain still a good day & thanks to Rich & his crew & ladies for the bacon butties.

Cheers Graham

4. TonyF

Club:
    Yeap, those bacon butties were lush. :)

Rumour has it that fresh carrots were seen being tossed from a car window going back down the A30 towards Mevagissey ;) :eek: :lev

5. Frank2

Frank2 New Member

Carrots ?

Tony I can only hope that her in doors doesn't start to read the posts on here !

Yesterday was my diet day, (I know I don't need to lose weight) but the bacon butties looked so good I had to make a strategic decision, bacon baps or the carrots? I thought it best not to take the evidence home with me .......

I shall have to keep quiet in future !

Steve

6. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    Steve, FT and HFT are strenuous forms of exercise, requiring the input of protein, carbohydrate and minerals in order to maintain peak performance.

Those vital elements need to be taken at the time of, or immediately after exercise, and the trained nutritionalist at Shebbear had calculated that they could perfectly meet the needs of hungry athletes with the correct quantities of each element with a bacon bap and a cuppa tea.

7. TonyF

Club:
    Quite agree Neil, thats why Steve and I managed to eat TWO of them and very enjoyable too!!! :D

8. rich

rich Active Member

The way things are going, Shebbear will lose its reputation as Windy Ridge, and gain another for giving you the wind. :eek:o

9. rich

rich Active Member

Just as a matter of information, and off topic somewhat, Shebbear does source bacon that has not been injected with water etc., and I'm pleased it shows. :D