super10 pellet mags

Discussion in 'Tips, tricks and tutorials' started by gosawk kev, Nov 18, 2015.

1. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

hi there,i recently got my self a nice super10 .177 (second hand) it came with three mags he said two of them where the older type and one newish one, he told me that only the newer one worked has it should and the other two where rubish problem is he didnt enlighten me on what was wrong with them.is there anything i can do to re furbish the two bad ones so i can have three good working mags instead of just the one?
    atb kev.

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Send them back to BSA in the last they used to have excellent customer service and did magazine refurbs

3. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Flog em on ebay as spares or repairs and buy the latest auto indexing mags, they never fail to index correctly! The old ones often skip or fail to index resulting in you firing a round of fresh air. Once you have used the new ones you wont want to use those old uns ever again!

4. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

out of the three i got with the gun one of them is a new one with the red indexing wheel and numbers on it, is that the new one or is there a newer one than that?
    cheers kev.
    p.s thats the one i am using with the rifle at the moment.

5. Tench

Yes that is one of the new ones, the coloured rotor ones are the auto indexing ones, the way they work they cannot fail to rotate to the next pellet even if it is not in the next hole. You can put a pellet in every other hole and they will still fire a pellet every shot! The earlier version of the auto mags have anodised machined alloy rotors, but now they have perfected the design they have spent the money on injection moulding and changed to plastic, these plastic ones also have a last shot indicator. Both types are good, basically if it has a coloured rotor it is the new auto type. Blue for .177 and red for the girls calibre! :D

6. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

yep thats the one i have got blue with numbers and with the last shot indicator i am thinking of getting intouch with bsa to see if they would fix the two foulty ones that i have do you know if they would do that?
    or am i just going to have to buy another new type?
    are these foulty one any good ?
    or are they just scrap?
    cheers kev.

7. Tench

BSA used to do a mag repair service and I have even heard of them replacing old with new, its worth a call but the old ones even when new where not the most reliable of things, if BSA wont help you I would flog them and put what ever you get towards another coloured one.

8. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

sounds like a plan what would they be worth on the bay as spares/repair any idea?
    cheers kev.

9. Tench

Just stick them on a low start auction, I have not seen any go for less than £20 each! even the old ones!

10. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

thanks for the help atb kev.