Summer Sizzler

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Nealsey, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Nealsey

Nealsey Two Tins

Anyone else going on Sunday chaps?

Neal

2. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    MAD for me.:D

Wayne

3. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

No mate, I'll be washing my hair!:D;):)

Ryan

4. yakker

yakker Member

Club:
    (SPLITTERS)
    Yes going , trying the springer out :rolleyes:

:shot:
    Dean

5. Roy

Roy New Member

I'm sure you'll do well:D
    I'm going to bring the............400 i think;)
    Roy..

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Not even if I was paid to:cool:

Anyway Chris Cundy Combo shoot at M.A.D will be far better come over and see me destroy Chillingworth:D:D:D

Good chance of a top 5 at the sizzler as thats about as many as will turn up.:p:p:p:D

7. Prone Shooter

Prone Shooter New Member

You really do have a problem with Basingstoke don't you:mad: Do you have some sense of self importance or just fancy being some sort of demi god for shooters?

If you don't like our shoots (or can't handle them) fine, but be a gentleman and stop the snide coments, eh? When was the last time I or indeed anyone from our club made a derogatory comment about you?

For those who are coming to the Sizzler, thanks in advance. We've hopefully put on a good challenging and fun comp which admittedly won't appeal to all die-hard UKAHFT format shooters:D, but you will be assured of a friendly welcome:)

For those going to the CC shoot, have a great time. Its a great charity idea and worthy of the goodwill of airgun shooters. Its a shame both our comps clash but hey, ho, we'll try and avoid a clash next year.

More details for the sizzler here

http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11290#post11290

Bob

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  8. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

I went to a Sizzler a few years back and had a really really good laugh, great course great fun. It was at Newbury..i think. A cracking good day out...oddly enough i shot like a numpty....again.

LAity

9. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Maybe Chris feels let down having shot two slap dash courses at Basingstoke in the past 6 months Bob - Especially after doing his first UKAHFT shoot there in 2007 and knowing how good a course could go out in Popham. Whats with the snide comments about UKAHFT and not being able to handle a Basingstoke course? I can't think of anywhere else 7 people have cleared ever.:)

Ryan

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  10. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

FEEKIN HELL BIG CHRIS IS A DEMI GOD, ALTHOUGH HE DOES HAVE A POINT TO MAKE AS DO MANY, ITS JUST THAT SOME DON'T LIKE TO SPEAK THERE MIND AND WOULD RATHER KEEP THE PEACE. IF PEOPLE WANT TO SLATE A CLUB OR A COURSE AND PUT THERE NAME TO IT THEN THEY HAVE TO BE JUSTIFIED AND IN CHRIS,S CASE HE IS CORRECT MANY PEOPLE INCLUDING MYSELF THOUGHT THE COURSE AT BASINGSTOKE THIS YEAR MAY HAVE NOT BEEN THE BEST BUT SOME COMMENT AND SOME DON,T. AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THERE ARE 3 SHOOTS ON THIS SUNDAY ALL DOWN SOUTH SO TO SPEAK SHEPRETH,MAD AND BASINGSTOKE SO I WOULD SAY THAT THE NUMBERS ON SUNDAY WILL SHOW WHERE THE MAJORITY LIKE TO SHOOT.

I CAN,T SPEAK FOR OTHER CLUBS BUT FOR OUR ROUND OF THE NATIONAL UKAHFT SHOOT (ANSTON) IT TOOK 3 MONTHS OF PLANNING AND PREPARING THE COURSE TO GET IT TO A STANDARD THAT WE THOUGHT WOULD GIVE THE SHOOTERS A GOOD TEST OF THERE SKILLS.

JUST MY POINT OF VIEW LIKE SO PLEASE DON,T TAKE OFFENSE OR I WILL SET THE SHOOTING DEMI GOD ON YOU:cool:

11. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

All the best from MAD and have a good shoot

Bob we put our dates up on the BBS in MARCH this year and two clubs in the SOUTH put them on the same date later in the year .
    So please MAD will be putting on the CHRIS CUNDEY CHARITY SHOOT on the first Sunday in Sept 2010
    and if you put the Summer Sizzler on at a different date I;m sure some of our members would travel down to you .
    WE are here to work for the good of the sport and fill those Sundays with good shoots,as there are only 4/5 Sundays in a month.
    Ian

12. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Well I seem to have touched a nerve there, demi god Hmmm think I'll have to get a badge made:D I don't have a problem with Basingstoke bob I happen to think its a cracking place to shoot. What I do have a problem with is wasting my hard earned on shooting a micky mouse course, the last two shoots I have done there have been a waste of lead. Both were supposedly major comps ie SHS and a National, I could of put a better/more challenging course out in my back garden than the one you put out for the national it was a farce and I am not the only person with this opinion. You will come back with your usual "Well the UKAHFT format does'nt let me put targets in difficult positions", I did'nt see many clearances at Anston so prehaps if you listened to people instead of just doing your own thing you might put out a course that 1. People want to shoot and 2. Make better use of what is a cracking venue.:cool:

13. Prone Shooter

Prone Shooter New Member

Well you got that right Chris:(

Luckily they brought 51 of their friends who all seemed to be enjoying themselves;):):)

Thanks to all who supported us today, our regulars as well as the new shooters.

Glad some serious money was raised at MAD today though, well done to you all for the effort:cool:

Bob

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009