1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suitable rifle for a 13 year old?

Discussion in 'Paper Punching' started by Gat1982, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Sundance

Sundance Member

Have you thought about a spring powered rifle perhaps? No need to bother with all the air tanks, refills and hoses then. Something like a Weirhrauch HW95 is a light and compact, good quality rifle.

To be more precise regarding advice it would help to know what disciplines she fancies getting into. If it's 10M target then there would be better alternatives. But for FT and HFT style shooting it would be a good choice.

2. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    Considering the OP is posted in the paper punching section, I'd guess 10M, and therefore most variants of the HW95 are out as they have no provision for open sights/dioptres. I'm aware some earlier models did have iron sights, but it's still a 12 ft.lbs model in a sporter stock. Aware that some clubs don't allow 12 ft.lbs to reduce wear on on their target holders. For springers I'd be looking at old FWB300s, Diana 75s etc, although these maybe too heavy. Possibly HW30S I guess. SSP match rifles will be too hard to cock for a 13 year old (certainly through a full match).

The CZ200 6 ft.lbs target model seems to be the best best to me. Very light and accurate.

3. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Another vote for the s200.....but if possible the T (target) version. The s400 has a slightly better trigger and fit than a standard s200. If you can afford it i would go for the MPR, excellent rifle, easy to work on, super accurate and something your daughter can use now but also won't be 'out grown' as she gets older.