Steyr's & Sizing pellets

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Fox, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Fox

Fox Member

Read quite a few post on the people who own Walthers that size there 177 pellets down to 4.48 , 4.49mm wondered if Steyr owners had a general preference they size down too??

Clive

2. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    I don,t just weight them

Gary

3. CoolId

CoolId New Member

Works in my 110 same as it did in my Daystate Mk3. 4.49 is better than 4.50, 4.51, 4.52, 4.53. I haven't tried 4.48 cos Rob uses that sizer on his Walther

Regards

Dave

4. Fox

Fox Member

Thanks for that Mr CoolId , i've been down to 4.50 just wondered if there was anything to be gained reducing further or a general consensus in Styre fraternity like that of the Wather.

Thanks

clive

5. Woody

Woody The Chaser!

Club:
    Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!
    4.49 with exacts worked on my LG110, tightened the groups at 55yrds, it also liked a little bit of pellet lube.

6. KNIFEMAN

KNIFEMAN New Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FT
    STEYR & pellet sizing

My lg100 shoots spot on with 4.52 have tried other sizes and not as good, only thing I do ensure is that pellets are lubed. Dont find any need to weigh pellets as I only shoot 7.9, every time I have weighed them they are normally within 0.1grain unlike the 8.4 I used to shoot they would be all over the place .

7. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    When you chaps refer to sizing to 4.49mm do you mean both the pellet skirt and head, or are you using a 'Robb' style sizer that leaves the skirt larger than the head? Reason I ask is that I've yet to find a 4.52 Exact head larger than 4.49mm, while the skirts seem to be a consistent 4.61mm.