1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steyr shot count

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by bootneckbob, Oct 15, 2010.

1. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    Hi, after all the talk of the Steyr shot count being dramatically reduced with the new transfer port fitted I thought I'd run mine through the chrono from start to finish. I have the external power adjuster fitted on mine, so had the silver transfer port fitted instead of the black one which means I cannot go over the limit. The downside to this port is that it's supposed to dramatically reduce the shot count. From a 200 bar fill, shooting JSB Exact Express at 779fps I got 120 shots before it went off the reg. The spread was from 775-783 with 80% falling within 2 fps (778-80). After the 120th the shots fell 2fps per shot. I stopped after the 125th.
    I thought that was pretty bloody good. I will try and do the same tomorrow with my other Steyr which doesn't have the external adjuster, although it had a silver port anyway as it was/is a FT.
    Anyone got any thoughts on this, is 779 the best velocity to be running on Express?

Cheers,
    Rob

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    800-810.
    You ahve to run them fast to gain the advantage of their light weight. Your shot count will therefore drop.;)
    Conor

3. bootneckbob

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    Yeah, I thought that these lighter pellets were supposed to run around 10.9. But anyway, not to bad. I will try it again at a higher rate if that's the way ahead.

4. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    Express 7.9g exacts 8:44g heavys or jumbo 10.9g

5. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    i run the same get about 100 shotsblack transfer port,if u have the silver transfer port about 60 shots

6. bootneckbob

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    After looking at the test certificate supplied with the rifle; it was shot with Express at 789 Fps. Is this the 'Holy grail' figure. Or is just as much as you can get, ie 11.4 ish?

7. bootneckbob

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    Saltydog, I know the weights, I use the 3 you mention in my 3 rifles, (the Skan likes the heavies), when I said 10.9 i meant Ft/lbs

8. bootneckbob

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    Does anyone know the shot count of the LG110 Hunter out of the box so to speak?

9. bootneckbob

Club:
    Bideford, Shebbear
    The problem was running the rifle at 11.4 to get the Express doing 810 makes it over for heavier pellets, plus it had the external adjuster on, so all in all to dodgy.
    I've now removed the external adjuster and it's all back to standard. I also found it shoots better with Exact 8.4 over the Express with the wind today.