Steyr rubbish shot count

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by bootneckbob, Sep 18, 2010.

1. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    Hi guys (& girls),
    can someone explain why my Steyr now has a pants shot count?
    It has the external power adjuster on and the new port so it won't go over the limit. Reckon I can get 60 decent ones (bit of a guess). I was having a little test today and a counted out 80 pellets. I thought it would at least manage that, but after 75 it was dropping noticeably (ie missing a reducer at 25yds) I chrono'd it then and it was 9.7 (down from 11.4)

Ta, Rob

I don't want to phone Mr Preston on a Saturday!

2. saltydog

saltydog I smell something fishy

Club:
    Mid Ulster, Tawd Vale
    Does your steyr have the new transfer port this is probably the cause. (its smaller so less efficient, its to stop it being adjusted over 12ftlbs)

3. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    change to black transfer port and turn the power back down,it runs more effectively this way giving 120 shots set at 11.4 or 806 with mozzies,the silver 1 is good for keeping it fully legal but the gun kicks like a mule and sounds louder because the air trying to get out of the small transfer port,the reg is set up at 90 bar so no need to change that matey