Steyr rail with chairgun

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by bootneckbob, Feb 25, 2011.

1. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to get chairgun to work with the affect of the Steyr rail thrown into the mix??? Obviously this is due to the inclined rail. The reason I ask is that I'm seeing a very flat trajectory; although I am shooting at x8 mag
    Cheers,
    Rob

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    measure the height were the side wheel is measure from centre of barrel to the centre of 30mm tube it works matey even with cant because u r close to turrets if you measure at front of scope the cant brings it down fella

3. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
  4. bootneckbob

bootneckbob Active Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    Yeah I see what you're saying Chris, it's just that chairgun doesn't show it being as flat as it is, guess I'm being to anal!:D

5. dia6olo

dia6olo Member

If the trajectory is flatter than what chairgun is saying it is not really a scope height issue regardless of built in inclination, it's simply a ballistic coefficient issue?

Truth is you're always best off confirming what chairgun says at the varios ranges on paper and tweaking the chaigun numbers to fit.

6. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    you can change that,this is y i get mi basic setting from it then do it on paper shooting to check it:):):):)