Steyr Questions

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by FGYT, Jun 4, 2010.

1. FGYT

FGYT New Member

Is the barrel clamped / held in the front of the stock where it passes thro the for end or is it free floating

any body got a Steyr rifle and a pistol, are the air cylinders the same fitting ie can you screw one into the other / recharge from the same adaptor
    also are the air cylinders the same diameter ie made from the same Tube

What are the lengths of the Rifle and Pistol Cylinders.

what is the shot capacity of the rifle cylinder @12ft lbs

Thanks if you can help

ATB

Duncan

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    dont no about the pistol fitting but you r looking 100 shoots + running with mozzies at 810fps with normal cyclinder,just undo the front clamp allen key and take the plastic washer out,some people dremmel the hole out but i havent just took the allen bolt out and washer,both shoot bang on the mark(only pilot erra)the cyclinder is made from aluminum and having a shorter 1 would only take the weight down buy onces,and probaly upset the balance of the gun

3. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

The fillers for the rifle & pistol are different.

Quite often the front hole needs opening up as the barrel is still touching the frame even after the screw & pad are remove.

4. FGYT

FGYT New Member

Thanks i thought there might be a difference as the exploded diagrams show differnt valve parts etc

So the barrel isnt floating but most make it so

my old Anshutz came with a long Steel cylinder that gave 140 shots swapping to the Jnr short alu cylinder (70 shots ) not only saved a massive lump of front weight but IMO made the rifle look a lot better with it now nearly flush in the stock for end espesially with the shroud cut back and a sliencer fitted

I was be hoping to do somthing similer to a steyr

[​IMG]

ATB

Duncan

5. FGYT

FGYT New Member

one new thing i nthe last few years is hte Anti Tamper rules manufactures are following

how is the Steyr fitted for this ?? is it an easy work around for normal FT tinkering matching pellet speed and accuracy etc at sub 12ft lbs etc and basic maintainance as teh Steyr online strip vidios etc
    http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/movies/

ATB

Duncan

6. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    no not at the mo they r fitting a smaller transfer port with power adjuster but the shoot count is crap,put the black transfer port in with the 4mm hole and she will do 120 shoots etc,this is only on the brand new guns etc

7. FGYT

FGYT New Member

i assume the 4mm ports are avalible etc

ATB

Duncan

8. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Also seen one of the newer fixed stock LG110s still fitted with the power adjuster at the back but made so that when preload that would take it over 12ftlbs is applied it contacts the back of the hammer and stops it from cocking, that particular gun still had the original port instead of the restricted one. From what I've been told the original ports are still available from Harry Preston, rumour had it that replacements for restricted ports was free but know at least one person who wanted one and got stung £30 (iirc) for the pleasure:rolleyes:

9. FGYT

FGYT New Member

hopfully they will be if i do get round to buying one as first mod will be to cut several inches of the air cylinder so effiecent use of air would be good.

I see a few people mention Titanium cylinders which i guess on replacing steel ones gives a weight decrease but on these alu ones probably not. but does it give a larger internal Diameter cylinder if you can use thinner wall section and thus more shots etc ??

ATB

Duncan

10. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    I would unscrew the valve and check the construction of the tube before cutting, As if you see how the walther tube is made it has a thicker wall at both ends were the the screw thread is

Gary

11. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    complete waste of time putting titaium air cyclinder on its heavier than aluminium(i used to work with both mateials in the aerospace industial trade)you want more than 120 shoots ?probaly would only gane 10 more shoots for £300 squid of titanium work:confused::confused::confused:also if you cut the cyclinder down how the hell you going to screw it off for filling it will sit inside of the action housing

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  12. FGYT

FGYT New Member

I did wonder why you would use Titanium ..

however on a shortened cylinder i would expect and be happy with 60-70 shots as my old anshutz was with a jnr one if a cut down std alu cylinder (if its possible ) does that thats just the job ;)

ATB

Duncan

13. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    hav a look at the steyr if you cut 7inchs off the cyclinder you will not be how to screw it on or off it will sit inside the action housing,you will not be how to get to inside their,its not like the anschutz with a open cyclinder housing,

14. FGYT

FGYT New Member

several inches ;) not sure of the actual length havent got hold of one to measure so it just pokes out of the end of the fore stock so just the knurley bit on the pressure guage plug sticking out if thats enough to do and undo it

ATB

Duncan

15. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

You could always have it quickfill converted and fit the air cylinder by sliding the action out of the chassis and screwing it on before assembly., It would only shorten the cylinder by about 6inches, 2 of which you'd gain back with the quickfill anyway. Either that or chop, shorten, weld and reshape the chassis forend and go as short as you want:D:D

16. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Just had a measure up on mine and the total length that could be removed to just leave the knurled end is 85mm

17. FGYT

FGYT New Member

should look something like this more like a Rifle than a over n under :eek::D looking at it 85 mm seems about right
    [​IMG]

18. FGYT

FGYT New Member

Did think of that :eek:
    :rolleyes: