Steyr Muzzle Flip .

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Jun 2, 2013.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    I have a Steyr LG100 that i intend to bull pup with one of mr GINBs stocks . whilst trying it out to what it likes and does not like shooting wise , i have noticed that it flips quite a bit more that the wifes LG 110 ? the LG100 has a silver transfer port , bored out to three and a half mil . i am waiting for a black transfer port from intershoot . the rifle has the stabiliser . the LG110 when shot at 25 yards at 780 fps , i can see the pellet hit . the LG100 i cannot see the pellet hit at 55 yards ( 780 fps ) due to muzzle flip is this normal ? is it a trait of the rifle . or is there something wrong ??? HOLLY:)
    PS i have had the stabiliser out and it seems to be working ?:)

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Your stabilizer needs to be adjusted correctly. Plus the bigger transfer port will/should make it smoother as you'll not need as much tension on the hammer spring.

3. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    Conor regarding the adjustment of the stabilizer the factory movies are for 7.5J when I adjust more pressure making the block came out ½ inches I fell a double recoil when the black cap is on place and the block smashes against it.

What your recommendation for the adjustment?

Thanks,

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Thanks

Thanks for that , is it the same adjustment for 6 for pounds as twelve ??? HOLLY:)

5. Conor

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    It's trial and error. If you lube too much it will go back faster and hit as you say, I adjust so it doesn't go too far back that its clear of plastic end cap but far enough to counteract the discharge. as you say different velocities have a different settings but 12ft/lb should go back to almost level with the back of the action.
    It's a fine balance and can prove tedious.

6. Thepointman

Thepointman New Member

Club:
    Good Ole Boy's Field Target Club & Invicta Field Target Club
    I have my stabilizer adjusted as per the factory specifications in the video and the recoil is non-existent. I have the black transfer port, 85 bar regulator, new Steyr factory air stripper, old barley twist barrel shooting JSB Express at 810 fps. The shot cycle is extremely fast and just absolutely no perceived muzzle flip.

Hope this helps!

Harold

7. Conor

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    The new Steyr double cone muzzle break is also very very effective and can just about kill a very prominent muzzle flip.

8. Thepointman

Thepointman New Member

Club:
    Good Ole Boy's Field Target Club & Invicta Field Target Club
    Connor,

I agree about the new double cone air stripper. I purchased one from a friend recently and added to my rifle. I am very pleased with the results. It definitely took away all of the perceived muzzle flip. It's a very nice addition to the rifle.

Harold

9. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Thanks

Thanks for the help . HOLLY:)

10. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    Mine is also like the factory recommend but sometimes when I m in the zone I felt a jump, or the stabilizer stuck or I m shooting well and felt it working.

I agree the air strip is excellent some cones are better than others but the good ones properly aligned are very efficient.

11. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Adjustments .

Right adjustments made to the recoil mech . in fact many adjustments made , till i was sick of it . the flip is as low as it will go with this transfer port and muzzle brake .will fit a small weight onto the rail when i can get one to help . i can now see it hit at 15 yards ??? HOLLY:):D

12. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    I usually see 99% of my pellet strikes Holly and depending on light conditions I can watch the pellet for the last few yards before it hits the kill (or not :D )
    I'm running the black transfer port at 785fps the stabilizer is as set by the factory and the rifle is totally dead to shoot.

13. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Fair

To be fair paul , on my old GC2 i never see any hits . just pick it up in time to see the pellet bouncing back from the target ??? HOLLY:):D

14. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    that'll be the March, that will :D

15. PJHIZZLE

PJHIZZLE Member

Club:
    BFTO -Bisley
    Stripper

That double-cone thing completely removed all muzzle flip from mine, worth every euro :)

16. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    :D I must admit our kid, i see a LOT more hits with the March than I do with my Nikko :cool:

17. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Hmmmm

Hmmmm , looking at the targets i am shooting then paul ??? HOLLY:):D

18. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Problem

Not quite sure where to put this , so will stick on the end of here . the LG100 i bought has been getting a little stiff to cock or shut the bolt ? not all the time , but sunday it really started to get bad . so kilty at the club took it down for me ( cheers Barry ) worked all right for a short time but went back to it's bad ways . so today i thought i would have a look ( no mechanic me ) took ages to get it apart ( and even longer to get together ) when i had it stripped down i had a look at the cocking bearing , smooth as a babys bum and the linkage looked all right . so run my eye over the mech and thought that a small allen bolt on the mech holding what looks like an actuating arm of some sort ( told you i was useless ) was standing a bit proud . gave it a twiddle and loose . hmmm , now what to do . oh well tighten it up . so i did , the little lever still moved . put it all back together and hey presto it works properly . now hopefully connor will be on to say this is the right thing to do and what the little lever does . and if not it will all go bang and fall apart soon . so if you get a cocking lever harder to open / shut , this could be the cause . good luck to putting a LG100 back together cos butt part is a real pain ??? HOLLY:):D:eek: