Steyr LG110 differences

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Niloc, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Niloc

Niloc Member

Club:
    BFTO Bisley
    Any Steyr buff out there to answer a question please

I am looking at getting a LG110 for use in 25 and possibly 50yd bencrest, I have spoken to Harry Preston and been quoted somewhere around £2200 for a gun with the ft stock, adjustable power etc :eek:

The NSRSA shop are advertising a LG110 target rifle (7.5 joule). £500 cheaper.

Question is, is it simply a change of transfer port to get this up to 16 joule?

2. hmangphilly

hmangphilly The Doctor

used ones come up on here chum , why not put in a wanted ad and see what's about ?

3. Niloc

Niloc Member

Club:
    BFTO Bisley
    Probably a good idea, I'll give it a go.

Cheers

4. rich

rich Active Member

Niloc, we have a club member at Shebbear who is selling a full power Steyr. I could put you in touch if you like.

Also please check before you buy. I'm not sure that the Steyrs at Bisley have been imported through Harry Preston. If they haven't, you are on your own for after sales.

5. Niloc

Niloc Member

Club:
    BFTO Bisley
    Thanks Rich, I am going to look at one at Bisley on Sunday but I would be interested in the details and price of your guy's one for sale.

You are correct about the nsra stuff, it seems it is imported through Gehmann. I am sure that the nsra would promise lots of backup but whether they could follow it up I'm not sure.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  6. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Hi, for info you would need to change the reg as well. Much better idea to source one second hand and shoot it before parting with the cash.:)

7. Niloc

Niloc Member

Club:
    BFTO Bisley
    Thanks for the info. I am now on the trail of a used one, I've got a couple of very good options from guys on here now so hopefully save some cash :D

8. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

It's a pity you're so far away as i have a mate selling an all black LG110 (short version). Without teaching you to suck eggs and repeat myself, you really need to shoot one your'e thinking of buying for at least 100 pellets. Steyr's are great rifles and mine have done me proud with tons of trophies but they can be sullen buggers sometimes. Luckily they are easy to work on and i have access to cheapish parts through my Dutch address. If you get sorted and have any questions then please get in touch as i have seviced my own Steyr's for 8 years now including regs/checking/setting/servicing.:)

I have a few tips if stripping a Steyr that have increased the long range accuracy on mine...basically lapping the springs and and polishing the springs and hammer/VO adjuster till they gleam. If i think back i have only had one problem in the last 3 years with 2 Steyrs. One problem was big because it turned out to be a barrel problem that would group, then not group. Of course i swapped out several hundred pounds worth of internals before realising what the problem was.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  9. Niloc

Niloc Member

Club:
    BFTO Bisley
    Thanks for the info Chris and also the replies to the questions via PM. You are a top man :)

10. scrane

scrane Member

Chris,
    Can you tell me what the factory sets the regulator to on the 7.5 joule rifles?
    Thanks.