Steyr LG100/110

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by airborn68, Jan 17, 2012.

1. airborn68

airborn68 Member

Club:
    Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)
    Hi

Thinking of getting a second hand steyr but don't know a great deal about them, what's the difference between the LG 100 & the 110

Regards Jon

2. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    110 is newer with a few internal tweaks, but pretty similar afaik.

3. eyewitnesss

eyewitnesss Government Spy

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    The dogs dangly bits

4. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    There are two variations of the LG100 - labelled Steyr Mannlicher, and Steyr Sportwaffen.

Anschutz bought a controlling stake of the Steyr air gun division, just so they could use the LG100s Stabilizer design in their rifles.

Rifles produced before this happened (Mannlicher) featured the 'Barley Twist' rotary hammer forged barrel and a chassis with a single grub screw at the breech end.

Rifles produced after this happened (Sportwaffen) featured conventional Anschutz or Lothar Walther barrels and a chassis with two grub screws at the breech end.

Internally, the Mannlicher and Sportwaffen versions are all but identical.

The LG110 is a development of the Sportwaffen version of the LG110, with some curious corners being cut. The chassis has been slightly redesigned, featuring the Steyr logotype and three windows routered out of the aluminium extrusion itself. A cylinder locating O-ring was also introduced to stop the air cylinder getting scratched at the muzzle end of the chassis.

Whilst there has only really been one single version of the LG110, there have been numerous different versions of many of the key components, and as a result you never quite know what you're going to find when you open up an LG110. Most of the components are in fact common - just configured differently. The regulator is a good example, as this common design can be configured anywhere from 80 to 120bar, depending on the intended usage.

Other notable variations include the colour coding of the transfer port, ball bearing trigger pin, ball bearing cocking pin, external power adjuster and lightweight FT hammer/exhaust valve springs. Gold transfer ports are fitted to <6ftlb rifles, black transfer ports were originally fitted to <12ftlb and FAC rifles, but current rifles have a silver transfer port at <12ftlb specs. The most recent rifles also allow for ambidextrous cocking.

In my experience, there's very little to pick and choose between all the different variations. The most important thing to look for is a rifle with a black transfer port. The original Barley Twist versions of the LG100 can command a bit of a price premium, as there is a school of thought that these barrel are superior and are less pellet fussy.

Hope this helps!

Cam.

5. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

The 100s are better built with more reliable internals and better woodwork.

I have 2 which date from 2003 which have had no work done on them at all except altering the power and cleaning the barrels.

I have heard of 110s being sent back to Harry Preston so many times they know the way. :D

6. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

[

What are the internal differences between the 100s and the 110s what every 100 owner bangs on about?
    According to harry there's no difference what so ever and he should know.

7. paul yates

paul yates Kung Fu Panda

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    And how many times has your 110 been back :D:D

8. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

Probably 110,ha ha
    Now I know what the 110 stands for.

9. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    ive had them all work on them old 100s hav better wood,and barrels need less cleaning,but all internals are the same older regs hav more or less bell view washers,100s move more poi in winter than a double screwed barrel of 110 etc,but internals are the same external power adjust mod with new firing valve o ring type which is a better mod than old type firing valve mushroom type,

10. airborn68

airborn68 Member

Club:
    Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)
    Thanks for all the info.

I can't make up my mind what to get, I may just stick to what I know & get another Ev2.
    The plan was to have one for Ft & the other for hft, but on the other hand thinking get a real trick Steyr & quality scope and do hft/sft :confused:

Regards Jon