Steyr LG/H5 air cylinder gauge cover/window replacement

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by cloverleaf, Jan 4, 2016.

1. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Active Member

The transparent cover on my rifle's pressure gauge is cracked and I finally have a replacement. It appears to just snap in, so I assume the old one should just be prized out.

Before I try this can anyone please advise of any better approach for removing the old window?

Ta :)

2. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Active Member

Sorted now - paying attention for more than three seconds revealed a small hole on the cicumference of the gauge housing, into which a needle can be inserted and used to pop off the window :)

3. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

On the HW100 and Anschutz they have a little hole in the side, place a rubber washer around it and press the end of a fill hose on the washer to pop the lens out with a squirt of air works too, leaving the lens unmarked and re useable.

4. subaru swift

subaru swift Active Member

Club:
    Furnace mill, & Kingsley HFT
    top man for the tip. as I need the one on my rifle replacing due to a few light marks \ scratch's.
    just need to locate a place who sells replacement ones that or I might just give steyr a call me thinks.

5. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Active Member

Nice tip, thanks. Didn't think of that!

Sorry can't help much with this - mine came from Adam Benke in Germany, 8 months after the gun arrived with the damaged cover and following many, many emails.. :rolleyes:

Another point probably worth mentioning - my replacement was a fairly tight fit and I ended up pressing it in with a solid flat surface packed out with a bit of paper to avoid marks. I think you'd risk breaking it if applying the force in one place with the thumb or finger..