STEYR LG - CRX - Diana SP 50 ???????

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Kingplinker, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi all

Going through that ' getting rid of my guns to get one gun ' thing again :rolleyes: and can only think of a couple of guns that would fit the bill .

Perhaps I should sell the custom MPR , s400 and prosport to fund something different ?

Would you be so gracious to tell me the difference between the Steyr LG 110 standard , target and high power models .

Also can anyone tell me what variants of CRX were ever made , I'm sure it wasn't a standard only model but will bow to your superior knowledge .

many thanks

Dave

PS : APPLEYARD are you reading this ? lol

2. Mog

Mog New Member

Club:
    Truttemer Tir Club
    Steyr variants here, Main difference between the fixed and connect is that with the connect you're %&*%ed if you forget the Allen key, ask Mattinlondon. :cool::D

3. Anon

Anon Non member

By CRX I presume you mean the Daystate CRX?

With the CRX I can only think of four manufacturer variants:

CRX-MM - Made out of titanium, very expensive, only seen one.
    CRX-ST - Think this was made for the USA market, made out of steel. Trev Ryan and myself have a couple of ST breech blocks on our CRX's.
    CRX - alloy, have heard of a couple of these being made by the factory.
    CRX, standard steel version. Some have been fitted with the lighter hammer from the CR97SE.

As a side note there are a couple of CRX's converted to electronic versions - think one was nicked though and went missing, 2 Zenith rifles, that I know of, made by Nick Murphy with CRX trigger units also I am having a custom built rifle made that will be fitted with a CRX-ST breech and CRX trigger unit.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Matt

4. Kingplinker

Thanks Matt ... and Charles

Very helpful thanks , yes I recall a titanium model and thought the electric trigger was a later ( non daystate ) mod . Not many guns appeal to me but the CRX always has , especially if I could get a custom stock made for one . :)

many thanks

Dave

5. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    goggle (www.ginb.it) do stocks fo crx ft versions etc:):)

6. Kingplinker

Sorry but I have a chap that does much nicer stocks but thats just my opinion - thanks for the link though :D

Dave

7. Anon

Anon Non member

8. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

I think you might have got your designations confused a bit. The three types are the LG110 Field Target, LG110 High Power and the LG110 Hunting. See for yourself what the differences are here.;)