Steyr LG 110 FT trigger guard

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by Iberian68, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Iberian68

Iberian68 New Member

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a custom trigger guard/trigger mechanism cover made ? as the horrible plastic thing fitted as standard seems rubbish to me :-(

Thanks in advance

Mike

2. ray835

ray835 New Member

Club:
    fort
    i would think the machining cost would be high to make it feasable:shot:

3. Iberian68

Iberian68 New Member

Cheers Ray

ironically i work for an engineering company with CNC machine centres and CCM's and i could scan the original in my own time but think the MD would go ballistic if i put it through for machining lol

I've come up with an alternate Gin B of Italy do that section in wood for one of their custom jobs ! i think it would look great :)

Mike

4. Pontiac

Pontiac New Member

I painted mine, Painted the trigger guard, pistol grip and cheek piece. The material they use as standard is beyound crap. Mine looks pretty sweet now :D

5. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    if you painted it lets be having a look, to give others like me a clue. dave

6. ray835

ray835 New Member

Club:
    fort
    if you decide to make some put me down for one :):)

7. J00SPD29

J00SPD29 Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Agreed, the finish of the plastic is appalling for a gun of this price and quality!
    I removed mine soon after purchase, rubbed it down with fine emery cloth then fine wet and dry so no sign of any scratch marks then hung it up in the garage using a piece of stiff wire as a makeshift hook then sprayed it with several coats of Satin Black Plasticote Paint (colour code 2100) http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Product/pcode---4181
    It is super durable and looks like it ought to have when it was new, I'm well chuffed with the result.

8. Iberian68

Iberian68 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys :) i've decided to go for the wooden one and replace the grip and hamster at the same time as they feel rough in my opinion.... i may well spray mine in the short term so thanks for that info JOOSPD29 :)