Steyr Hunting stock mounting

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by wiseguy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    When I upgraded my new Steyr Hunting to the external velocity modification I noticed that Steyr made a modification to the way the Hunting stock is attached to the action.
    The early models (as has the HP) only have the large central M5x80 allen screw through the grip.
    This sometimes caused a sort of play, despite fixing the central screw hard enough.
    Now they have used two extra 2 allen set screws M5x8 din 913 that are common in FT Connect versions to adjust the lateral stock. On the stock itself a larger M6x20 Allen set screw is mounted pointing straight up.
    By tightening both Allen Set screws the stock is fixed in postion and has no more lateral play.
    As the action is the same on all LG110 models, this can be easily added, even the plastic trigger guard has the 2 openings for the allen screws.
    regards,
    Rob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. digitaldwarf

digitaldwarf New Member

thanks for the info and the pics
    looks like another cheap mod for me :D

3. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    No thanks, just wanting to share some info as I know some people have got this problem on the earlier Hunting models. Thtat's were a forumlike this is for.
    The modification is also visible on the new exploded view drawing for the LG110 Hunting on the Steyr website.
    I ordered the parts, so have them in stock, but these might be also be easily available in the normal hardware stores.
    cheers,
    Rob

4. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    Yeah, I noticed this on the Hunter as well. It's a big improvement on the standard 'wiggly' HP stock.

I'm not sure if it's on all the Hunters, or just the newer ones with the ambidextrous cocking capability.

I'll need to get around to retrofitting my older HP stocks!