Steyr Double Cone Airstripper

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Fox, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Fox

Fox Member

Hi, any one tried one of those new double cone Air Strippers for the Steyr or a 2011 Steyr modle with one fitted?

If you have any thoughts??? did it make any difference, beter or worse or no difference?

Clive

2. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Had a shot of one last week that one of our members had picked up from Harry Preston.

Certainly sounds much quieter which surprised me and have to say it looks very smart.

Cant comment on whether it improved group size or not as only shot it with it on and it was the usual steyr affair that you really couldnt complain about.

Re the cosmetics, I like the look of the new chassis and slightly longer barrel, its not overly long, still fitted in my AIM 40 drag bag but it was too tight a fit. When I first saw the pictures I thought it looked very long but it was still an ok looking thing.

They have changed the butt hook and hamster thankfully, hamster is a very big flat plate that is adjustable for height.

Butt hook attachment simply screws off from the bottom of the butt plate extension.

Overall was quite impressed

3. Fox

Fox Member

Hi, I recived one of these double cone strippers this week wondered if any one else had & tried it out?

Would moving it up & down the barrel makes any difference (like the Phil Hassle type) or have Steyr worked out the optimum distance & you push it on up to the internal stop & just use it?

You say it was quieter with it on compaired to one without,that has to be a plus.

Clive

4. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    HI Clive,

I was comparing it noise wise to my steyr which was bloody loud. The double stripper didnt look adjustable and was secured via allen key so im sure you would have some movement back and forward for fine tuning.

Steve

5. Fox

Fox Member

Hopfully will be out testing it tomorrow if there's not to much wind will see how I get on.

Clive