Steyr Challenge FT

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by xx1180, Dec 11, 2018.

1. xx1180

xx1180 New Member

hi I am new to this forum I need some help for a friend of mine he has a steyr challenge FT rifle and it is leaking air from the air cylinder I think it needs the O-rings replacing but I can not find a site that list them I was wondering if they are the same as the lg110 air cylinder can some one please advise me in the right direction

2. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    All the steyr cylinders will fit any rifle ie the lg110 lg100 and hunting 5 versions

3. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Floppy Quick Phil

7mm x 2mm

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Hi mate, is the cylinder a Quickfill? is it leaking from the front where the probe fits or the rear where is screws onto the reg? if it's from the front then not much can be done, if it's from the rear it's a 7x2 oring that you'll need an o ring kit to get into place. The 7x2 o ring has to be manouvered into the rear of the cylinder and always wants to sit into a recess just above where it's supposed to go.......my best time is 5 minutes my worst time is approx 30 minutes.:confused:

I did return a cylinder to Steyr for a chap around 6 months ago. This one was leaking from the front where the probe fits. Steyr sent it back as 'no fault found' stating it should be filled vertically?? When filled vertically the leak did stop though.

Edit - if you need an o ring or more help, then please don't hesitate to get in touch and even pop down to Emley Moor if you want someone to take a look.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  5. Spoilt_scorecard

Spoilt_scorecard All the gear and no idea.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    We had a quick look at it today for him and it is holding long time pressure at 180 bar no problem, the fill probe seals are ok, he said he heard a slow hiss from the quickfill end after filling to 200bar then it held at 180. He is now questioning the filling whip. He is going to monitor it after re-filling it a couple of times. I chronoed it and it was fine. Thanks for your pro input Chris.

6. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    What’s the best material for the 7x2 o rings to be made from ?
    Thanks Simon

7. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Steyr won't say what the material is but I'm sure it's Viton with a shore rating maybe as high as 90

8. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads