Steyr Castration

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Sep 2, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Posting this here, as It might be overlooked...somebody seriously in the 'know' , surely has got this info :confused:

Does anyone know, for the Harry Preston official UK imports, from which Serial # have the inbuilt port restriction fitted and/or the external power adjuster bottoming out on the back of the hammer to stop the gun going over the legal limit ?

I only ask, 'cause when these FT guns start hitting the 2nd hand market...well...prices will plummet for the castrated ones, and the i) non port restricted or ii) fully functioning adjuster types - will be worth quite a bit more...and who's the wiser what you get in your hands ?

Also for the fully working external power adjuster FT types (previous generation), could It be as easy & simply a matter of getting a new 'Trigger Guard Cover' to cover over the adjuster , in order to cover your backside per this court case ? .....and if it doesnt quite fit, then perhaps Its a case of a bit of dremmeling on the plastic for a perfect fit. Anyone tried this yet ?

:cool:

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    transfer port has a smaller hole in 2mm and the colour is silver with a green seal,you change it to a black transfer port with green seal 4mm hole,thats the difference and yes u could make a cover

3. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Knocks the shots per fill down a hell of a lot.I was only getting about 60 shots before hitting 90 bar left ( I have a 90 bar reg' in mine)All this is making me think about putting the 2 mm transfer port back in just to be on the safe side.Or how easy is it to remove the external adjuster? A word with Harry I think.

4. Darren

Darren New Member

My LG110 "Hunter" is about 6 months old now (maybe a bit less). It has a silver transfer port with a green o-ring. Looking inside the hole looks bigger than 2mm though.

Not really sure what that means as I just shoot the thing. It does have a power adjuster tucked away but I have to remove the stock and trigger guard to get at it. I have no interest in it being over the limit but if the adjuster provides a quick and easy way to make sure it's within the limit then that seems like a good thing to me. I haven't tried adjusting it up to see if it will go over the limit but I'd hope not. Setting it up so that it tops out at about 11.5 but has some scope to be tweaked down seems like the most sensible approach.

As long as I get enough shots to complete a HFT course then that's good enough for me and so far that seems to be the case.

Cheers

D :)

5. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    its only rough sizes i gave,but ive spoke to my licesening officer and the allen on the side which locks the power adjuster off is tight and a other 1 over the top to secure that 1 should be suffisant,means power adjuster cant move and only way it can is the locking allen has 1 over so it cant be adjusted,and im going to make a cover for the adjuster as well,so the only way to adjust is to take the trigger guard off

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  6. raygun

raygun Non member

I think the silver transfer port is 3 mm.

The normal port is 4 mm.

ATB
    Ray.

7. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    There even is a "gold" transferport, which enables you to limit your airgun to 7.5J , a FT class3 used in Germany. See attached picture.
    The advantage is that with a 24J LG110, you can change within a minute to 16J (silver) or 7.5J (gold), without the need to change the hammer spring a lot.
    I got a recent version of a LG110Match 7.5J F version last week, wanting to use it for FT in Germany as my special pass to enter a >7,5J FT class1 airgun into Germany was forgotten.
    After opening it, I was amazed as it had the new hammer type, but without the external V0 adjustment screw. It had the standard black transferport.
    The hammer spring was a short type new model (thin), I exchanged it with the new FT spring and external V0, it was around 16J (black transfer port) and after inserting the gold transferport, it went down to 7J.
    With the external V0 there was enough variaty possible.
    The opening is the golden type is about 1mm. I will order the silver one as well
    regards,
    Rob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010