Steyr Barrels - Solo barrels come with...

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Sep 22, 2014.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    a test card ?! thats decent, and good to know when buying from Brand New, via UK agent , or Europe...

But I wonder why they dont do an etching serial number :confused: - It would increase the value of barrel, when selling on 2nd hand market - sellers showing off the original factory test card like a "Chateau Lafitte" vintage wine bottle, worth £ £ £ £ , versus a duff " Chateau Tesco Laffter" worth £

:D :rolleyes:

credit: http://forum.fieldtarget.cz/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=367

[​IMG]
    subirimagenes

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Dunno about increase... the 25m ones don't look particularly stunning...

3. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Which is why the chap is selling it off for £114 (new - they are double that).

At least he is honest & shows the card. Some people "lose" the card when selling onwards.

So, the wary buyers says- show me the original test card with the barrel, and I need to see serial number etched on barrel & card correspond.

Suggestion sent to Steyr.

:lev

PS: Increase is seeing the original 25m/50m pellet groupings (16J+) barrels, versus, another "poorer" pellet grouping test card; laser etching the barrel with corresponding serial number from air rifle chassis..prevents...PORKIES ...when that rifle is sold onwards. It gives the new purchaser a degree of Steyr Quality Assurance.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  4. radlukaj

radlukaj New Member

Club:
    CZ
    Wow...photo of my barrel :)
    If I knew that it is going to go so far - I would make a better background ;).