steyr barrel

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by tugg, Mar 29, 2014.

1. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    I have a steyr thats becoming increasingly tempermental, It seems asthough I have to clean the barrel more and more now to a point where It will shoot very tight group but after not even 60shots accuracy drops off and the groups open out
    I have change the reg and cleaned and polished the internals and Is shooting very consistant over the chrono more so than it ever did but still having accuracy issues . I removed the airstripper and also change the scope just in case it were those,I've tried floated barrel ,fixed barrel but still the same .
    I've came to the conclusion I need another barrel .
    what are my options? Is a replacement steyr barrel the way to go or am I better off going for a bsa barrel ,cz barrel ? I'm not a fan of the steyr long barrel accuracy wize I thought it was good but with more flip and felt it slowed the firing cycle.
    I would love to here what others have tried and their findings with various barrels.
    cheers Colin.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    How

First off tugg , HOW are you cleanning it ? second if you really do need a new barrel . then try grandads new long steyr barrel down the club . it is cracker . it was £ 360 posted . and PM sent ??? HOLLY
    :)

3. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    £360 for a barrel :eek::eek:

Tugo, i can bring my VAN kit next Sunday if you want ?

4. tugg

Club:
    springfield and mad
    I've used forbytoo patches , napier patces , I've used vfg intensive pull rod felts and shoot through felts , my other rifles are ok it just the steyr.
    I was going to ask grandad if I can borrow his original barrel and see if that was any different.

5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Tugg

Tugg ask barry to clean it with his 4 by 2 patches and napier . if that does not cure it . then ask grandad to see if his spare barrel is better . he was gonna sell it anyway . the new barrels are longer and from what i am told better . ??? HOLLY

PS before all that , get someone else to try the rifle . could just be YOU ??? HOLLY:):D

6. tugg

Club:
    springfield and mad
    If it were me then surely all my rifles would be ******,:p
    when shooting a group rested prone and taking out the pararllax and you can see the odd flyer and your crosshairs havn't moved it sort of tells me its the gun.:p

7. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Or pellets maybe