Steyr barrel question

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by wiseguy, Sep 3, 2010.

1. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    I bought a as-new Steyr barrel, but wonder what type it is, perhaps someone can help me out.
    The overal lenght is 43cm , diameter 16.1mm .
    It has some "things" my other barrels (45cm) don't have, there is a hole in the barrel, just after the A section of the frame.
    Also there is a number stamped in the barrel , "372" .
    The last part of the barrel is a little bit thinner, 16mm and glossy (polished?) and the first part is non-glossy nickel color.
    The crown looks very good, when I put a pellet trough the barrel marks (12 in total) are very visible and detailed on the pellet, looking very fine and detailed.
    Question, is this a "match grade"barrel, or a Anschutz type, used in some Steyrs.
    I made some pictures.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    ATB
    Rob

Attached Files:

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    it looks like a 10m match barrel the hole is designed to take a metal pin for attaching the 10 metre tub to click into postion its wot my barley twist barrel has on for fitting the extension tube for 10m shooting and its the same dia and same length,has it just been brought brand new,if not it has come off a lg100 change over from barley to anschutz mod matey,its a match anschutz

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  3. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Looks identical to my 2002/3 LG100 Anschutz barrel all bar the stamped number. I've looked at and worked on a fair number of LGs and haven't seen another with a stamped number and only 2 with the slightly narrower final section. Chrispro is right, the hole is where the pin has been pulled out for the bayonet fitting pin for the bloop tube on 10m guns.

4. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    i worked on a 10m match lg100 at 7.5j (6lbs) he useing for bell target and it had some numbers as this as but i cant remember the numbers,i no he paid extra for a match barrell he brought the gun in 2003 brand new from hydrographics,its the same length an die stated as is my barley,i would try to see if i could hav alook at the 1 ive just serviced but our bell season as just started and its fully set up now.

5. Jon

Jon Member

If its any help Anchutz mark their barrels similar.
    From the period when Anchutz bought 51% of Steyr, many people slung those barrels as they are optimised for 10M.