Steyr air cylinder losing pressure.

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by pjd-hw100, Feb 5, 2012.

1. pjd-hw100

pjd-hw100 New Member

Hello guys,

I have a new lg110 ft 2011 and it is losing pressure from the air cylinder, I have it off the rifle with a ballon on the end which has filled with air.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I contact Harry Preston?

Thanks for any help.

Pete

2. poth

poth Whafta old Gits world champion

Club:
    Quarry hunters hft
    well if its new it should be still under warranty

3. john bailey

john bailey New Member

Hinckley home of the 'Hansom Cab' & TriumpH
    bottle leaking

Hi, put it back on your divers tank or whatever way you charge it and give it a 'quick' blast of air, could be some muck in the valve this may cure your leak, well worth a try. PS dont go over 200 bar when doing this.

ATB John. :cool:

4. pjd-hw100

pjd-hw100 New Member

Thanks for the replies, I will run it down to 80 bar and give it a couple of blasts. This may have been happening since I bought the rifle, not shooting so much now so i am noticing it more.

Any other advice welcome.

Pete

5. john bailey

john bailey New Member

Hinckley home of the 'Hansom Cab' & TriumpH
    Hi again, if you leave it on the gun it shouldn't loose any pressure, i always leave mine on the gun and never had a problem.

ATB John.:cool:

6. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

Hi pete,I've never heard of this happening before.My advice to you is not to use it and get in contact with harry straight away.
    When the cylinder leaks when it's on the gun,this is simply the o ring in the end of the cylinder that needs replacing,for it to happen whilst it's off the gun means it's the valve at fault,assuming you tested it at the valve end.
    Obviously it's leaking for a reason,if it's because of a bit of crap causing it to stick,then blasting it quickly to fill it back up will force any crap back into the cylinder,this then could end up working its way into the reg,we all take it for granted with these things and don't realise how dangerous they are,look what happened at GINB
    Get it back to harry.

7. pjd-hw100

pjd-hw100 New Member

Thanks for the replies, I have spoken to harry and he got me to test the valve and then guage end by placing them in soapy water.

There was a leak at the valve end. not the valve, where then end cap joins the main cylinder.

Sent back by kibworth gun club, Harry said it should be back by the weekend.

Pete.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012