steyr 110 help !!!

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by fredyninefingers, Mar 7, 2010.

1. fredyninefingers

fredyninefingers Non member

been out shooting steyr today and awsome bit of kit...problem is trigger seems very light and it started when i cock it and close cocking lever its fireing....is the triger set to light ..am i not fully pulling the triger...or is there something serious happening.....help would be much appreciated atb fred

2. rogb

rogb Señor Member

Sounds like your barrel has moved a touch, see the Steyr video here for how to reset it

3. fredyninefingers

have adjusted trigger and stabilizer and seems to be running fine now............atb fred

4. fredyninefingers

i,ll check barrel aswell,looks easy enough after seeing that video..cheers rogb atb fred

5. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    the screw at the front next to the 2mm allen key which holds the trigger housing on turn this clockwise its a small flat head screw driver,if it keeps doing this the sear ingaugement is set up to light and this is located inside the trigger housing,if you search on ere matey steyr lg110 their is a video clip showing how to set the sear ingagment :):):):):)

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
  7. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    Don,t touch that sear engagement screw which is inside with the red whitness compound on the screw your trigger will poor afterwards. I Had to sort out Dingley Dels steyr after the guy he bought it had play with that screw

It was just the weight set to light i would guess

Gary

8. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Nothing whatsoever to do with the barrel, leave well alone. Probably have to make both the first and second stage weights a tad heavier.
    Conor

9. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Belt it with a bloody big hammer its only a Steyr:p:p:D:D:D

10. fredyninefingers

i think i,ve set 1st and 2nd stages a tad heavier and seems to have cured the problem...i,ll give it a good run out tomorrow night..but i put 40 pellets through after playing with trigger and it aint done it since...thanks for info lads atb fred

11. Conor

Club:
    How cold was it todat, no point checking at room temp, if set too light they have a habbit of getting extremely light and going off unexpectedly in extreme cold.

12. fredyninefingers

it was -2 degrees thismorning when problem occured

13. rogb

rogb Señor Member

Sorry to disagree with you here, but if the trigger is set very light and the barrel is not set spot on, the symptoms which were described can occur. I know cos it happened to me:)

14. Conor

Club:
    Barrel not set corectly means that the stabiliser bolt has not engaged properly meaning that it is not held in place and keeps opening. Again trigger is seperate.

15. rogb

rogb Señor Member

Well lets agree to differ, shall we, because those symptoms happened to me with a very light trigger and a slightly out barrel.
    I can only speak and advise from experience. I adjusted the barrel and the symptoms went away.

16. rogb

rogb Señor Member

I think you must need yours servicing if you have experienced that because I have shot down to -6 or so with no change in the trigger operation:)

17. fredyninefingers

just put 40 pellets through it and it seems fine.have adjusted trigger and stabiliser.....atb fred

18. Conor

Club:
    Yeah I probably do, but what has a service got to do with the operation of trigger adjustment. Who serviced yours Harry Preston?

19. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    i would beg to differ the barrel pressure has nothing to do with the trigger only the set of the dry fire,if the barrel is not far anoth back the dry fire only engauges and wont close the breach to hold it closed matey,you need the correct pressure to hold breach shut,the trigger can be set to 90 grammes and still cock any lighter than this it wont cock(to light) :):)ive shoot mine below -6 and the trigger stops the same its your finger being to cold to feel the trigger senseativaty

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  20. Conor

Club:
    thanks chris, you obviously know and understand more about the mechanics and operation of your Steyr than some others;). Good to see some useful, helpful advice.:)