Steve Gillies---a sound and generous bloke!

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Amac, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    During one of the earlier national HFT rounds, I talked to Steve about the sun shade that he has had made for use with his Leup 3-9x33 EFR scope. These are not available to buy, and the one that sat on his rig was clearly well made and well up to the job.

Asking if his mate could make me one for my own similar scope, Steve said he had a spare and that I was welcome to have it. My son James picked this up at the last MAD round, and it now sits perfectly on top of my Venom 80 to further improve the performance of the EFR scope when faced with an early/setting sun.

I think this clearly demonstrates the quality of person currently shooting HFT on a regular basis. Thanks very much Steve.Your generosity has been greatly appreciated!

Andy

2. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

Your welcome Andy, it was Eddie Tomlin that made it originally.

3. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Couldn't agree more when Steve shot the Emley round my HW77 let me down by blowing a piston seal and though Steve could have had a rest ready for his long drive home he instead striped my rifle for me to find out what the problem was. He even gave me a trigger unit for it which he had tuned which made a huge difference to it. Very knowledgeable guy and a top bloke.

Dave

4. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    A local engineer is attempting to copy this for a couple of other club EFR users, although I very much doubt that the finished article will be quite as good as the one Steve gave me!
    Andy