Stats please

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Neil-T, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Can someone let me know the final figures for the Golden Bunny at the Masters and clubs cup please.

1. How many shooters entered the Golden bunny.
    2. How many of those shooters actually hit the 52/53yd target.

Thanks.

Neil.

2. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Only part of the info you require Neil but I know that 19 people hit it

Shaun

3. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Thanks Shaun, just need Andy Gillot to tell me how many shooters actually entered into it.
    Neil.

4. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

Where are you going with this, why do you want the information ?

Are you after a refund because you missed it ?

5. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Because, and I probably speak for a lot of shooters on the day. If most of them had known the distance of the supposedly easy target so everyone has a chance of not only hitting it, but to be in the raffle for the prize....which in my opinion is and has always been in the spirit of the sport, they would not have handed over the £2 which is £1 extra than normal to enter it in the first place. Not bothered about missing it Neil.

It was also picked up on the day the course was set that it was too long, but it was ignored.

Neil.

PS: tried to get the info by PM with no reply.

6. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

The Golden Bunny is optional and I don't know where it says it must be easy?

As for the course being too long, it was legal to BFTA rules and the winner only missed two of the available targets.
    For a standard league shoot maybe it was, but this was the Masters, an invitation shoot for the top four scorers at each individual round and also the Clubs Cup, where each club sends six people to represent them, presumably their best six.
    Even with the difficulty of range and wind I was involved in a six way shoot off, could have been a lot more if it was "easier".

7. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Perhaps, the rough distance of the Golden bunny could be advertised when booking in?
    ie, Golden bunny today is over 40 yards, that means it could 55!

Golden bunny today is less than 40 yards
    Least for a normal league Shoot.

I agree with Neil's point of view however this Comp was for the best of the best, so be prepared for a tough one.
    That to me (personal view) is What GP should also be, much tougher than Regional shoots.

8. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Hi Neil, I didn't mean the course was too long mate, thoroughly enjoyed it. I just meant that the golden bunny was too long. It's also a known fact by most shooters that the golden bunny.....especially at GPs should be almost a gimme...hence my comment on it being in the spirit of the sport.

It's easy for clubs like Castle to put strong teams in the clubs cup when they have lots of AA grade shooters.....guess how many AA shooters we have at Far Coley....yes you guessed it....a big fat ZERO. In fact, we had a C grade shooter in our team to make up the 6 as we only have 8 members who shoot FT out of our total of 12 members.

We still managed to pump Milride though, so we are well pleased.

Neil.

9. Denpar

Denpar Member

[QUOTE We still managed to pump Milride though, so we are well pleased./QUOTE]

That was uncalled for Neil. We'd never have said that to you :p:p;) See you Saturday.....if you dare:)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  10. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Down

Down here neil . we usually have the golden bunny at about 35 yards , quid in and all the winners go into a hat for a draw . first , second , third .:) ??? HOLLY

11. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Yes Dave, a good chance for most shooters to actually hit it.

Will try and make it Roy. Got to go to Far Coley to put a course out for Sunday.

Neil