starting out

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by welshdrew, Apr 22, 2014.

1. welshdrew

welshdrew New Member

Hey all.

Picked myself up a HW97k a few weeks ago after years of saying im going to get a rifle and playing with everyones elses.
    Decided on springer because everyone kept telling me they're more fun and better to learn on.. And fairplay i love it.

Im based in newport and im trying to find a small range to call home to spend a few hours after work, but outside of treetops im not finding much :eek:o

Anyway hopefully when i improve and barring any accidents or fatalities maybe i'll see some of you guys at a hft event sometime in the future. :cool:

2. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
  3. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    There's plenty around Newport if your talking Newport Gwent lol, you have Blaenau Gwent just outside Pontypool general airgun and FT (best one ;-)) Quarry for HFT and FT, Nelson for FT, Castleton for general and FT.

Bri

4. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
  5. welshdrew

welshdrew New Member

Thanks for the help folks. Looks like castletons pretty close to me if its just opposite the garden centre (whats left of it). Open days match my days off too.

Are any of the others open late in the work week. Im usually stuck in past 6. Just want to shoot something for an hour to unwind. :lev

6. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    Yes Nelson on a Wednesday

7. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Blaenau Gwent meet Tues evenings until about 2000hrs and members get key to gate for access anytime, there's usually someone about most days to be honest

Bri

8. welshdrew

welshdrew New Member

Thanks again

is blaenau gwent just a field with anytime access. Whereabouts exactly is it and how much to shoot. Is it newport side of pontypool or ebbwvale side?

Sorry for all the questions :rolleyes:

I also saw some information about a small club in st brides starting up whilst browsing around, but the posts are about 3 years old. Anyone know if they're still going.

9. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    It's £35 per year for field access spinners 20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 & 60, if members there with lock up access then knock downs will be available.

It's just outside Hafodyrynys on the right coming from Hafodyrynys or left just before coming from pontypool, see pic to the left is Hafodyrynys there is usually a burger van in lay bye opposite.

Don't think that ones there I spotted that a while ago when looking for a club.

Bri

Attached Files:

10. welshdrew

welshdrew New Member

I know exactly where that is thanks. Used to live just down the road in abertillery about a decade ago. :)

Is that a dirt bike track in the field above it, or a giant angry ****** snail on the loose? :D

11. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    Pop in for a squint it's a friendly bunch, I'm at GP1 Sunday but there will be a course out in the morning. Just tell them your having a look they'll let you have a shoot and make you a brew or Tuesday late afternoon until about 1930-2000

Prob an angry snail who got run over lol

12. fudge-1200

fudge-1200 New Member

Club:
    Castleton, FTC
    The club in St Brides, is Walnut tree farm, £60 per year shoot every day of the week from early morning till late at night and you shoot undercover there is no other charge just turn up and shoot quite a lot of the Castleton boys are members handy if the weather is bad.