Springer Benchrest - I hate it....

Discussion in 'Benchrest' started by mrgeoff, Mar 7, 2018.

1. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Member

Club:
    Bisley BFTO
    Its such a challenge, cock the rifle, seat it firmly back on the bag, find the target again, re-seat it a bit, get the aim point somewhere close, don't touch the rifle see if it moves, get the hand back round the grip without moving it, ensure the hand is the same as last time, yep, its all the same, squeeze, and way out of the 10 ring... wtf??? the last shot was a bull.
    Its like getting up and moving your PCP to a different bench on different rests for every shot. So annoying.

2. Dale

Dale Active Member

Try using an FWB 300S - nice sidelever action can be used off a rest very nicely.

scrane likes this.
  3. Jesim1

Jesim1 Active Member

Club:
    BOAC
    And now you see why everyone thinks BR is for kids and old men - which is partly true :rolleyes:, but it's also a lot harder than most people give it credit for, your looking a 1mm rather perhaps a half inch in other disciplines, but it's horses for courses.

James

Gary Martin likes this.
  4. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    I shot 10 cards( 100 diagrams) last week for a postal comp to get my average.
    By the time I'd completed them I was knackered , had a headache and two red rimmed eyes :confused:

This BR lark is a doddle:rolleyes: :D

5. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Member

Club:
    Bisley BFTO
    Our Springer benchrest is 25 shot, I usually do 25+ shots as a warm up!
    I had a FWB300SU I used for the first half of last year, but there was something about it I didn't get on with, it would never shoot a bull by being on bags, mainly I think as it was designed to be held. It was accurate, but not so much on bags.
    Im now using an Original 75, which can shoot bulls, but it still dosnt like being on a bag. I have to use a single bag, at the balance point of the rifle. Any touching in any direction sends the pellet off in another direction!

6. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    You must be crazy, that would drive me insane!

Waldo likes this.
  7. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Don't tell me you didn't know ?? being a tad crazy is a prerequisite of shooting BR :confused::confused::D
    I have a certificate to say I'm sane I'll have you know :D