Sporting Rifle

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Charlie Brown, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown New Member

Anyone got any links or info on Sporting Rifle comp shooting please (rules etc). Thank you in advance. Rgds: Charlie Boy.

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

3. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown New Member

Thanks Scooby. Greatly appreciated (a little light reading for lunch time :)). Rgds: Charlie Boy.

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Hi Charlie, do you mean the 25m paper target discipline? I've only ever come accross it once at Dowry Hill, from what I remember the weight of the gun has to be under a certain weight and the trigger above 2oz. The NSRA website would be a good place to start looking.

Sorry can't help anymore.

Ryan

5. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown New Member

Thanks Ryan but no. The Sporting Rifle I am interested in, is the one shot along F-T rules, but no range finding. You have to best guess the distance then set px and mag (no limit) before bringing scope up to eye and can re-set px and mag for each target. Sounds a very interesting discipline and one that I believe most mirrors real hunting, so may be the one for me? Thanks all the same. Still enjoying the reading. Rgds: Charlie.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  6. rich

rich Active Member

We run our hunter competitions in the SWEFTA region to similar rules, except we do allow the shooter to estimate the range by eye for each target and set the scope accordingly before looking through it. In other words, you can adjust from target to target, not lane to lane.

By and large this rule is well appreciated.

7. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown New Member

That sounds very good too and much more like real hunting than having to leave your scope on the same setting from the first target to the last (which you just don't do in the real world), so I like ther hybrid of the two that you use. Do others do this too? Rgds: Charlie.

Last edited: May 4, 2009