Special xmas junior combo

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by chrisc, Nov 30, 2011.

1. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Special xmas junior combo
    Xmas special combo
    Ok chaps and Chapesses, its getting close to Xmas so we need names in the hat for some lucky young shooter to get a rifle combo,normally supplied using donations from BBS members but this one is from the combo shoot at MAD.

I would like to thank Maldon and District club for organising the shoot, the Airgun centre at Rayleigh for the 600 pounds worth of vouchers and the 3 voucher winners that handed them straight to me after the raffle. As a result we have a brand new S400F superlite deluxe, scope, bag and pellets.

Stipulations.

Must be 15 or under(male or female, obviously)

Must be a member of a club.

Needs a rifle.

Doesn't have a father with half a dozen rifles.

Names so far...

1. Tom & Abby Warren ......................number 8
    2. Daisy Barnett (9 and 3/4 years) ......number 32
    3. Ben Cotterill Kibworth ...................number 16
    4. Oliver Fleet Cambridge................... number 40
    5. Victor Feather ...............................number 24

Members of the BBS are requested to put forward the names with a short reason why they think this particular person should get the combo(on the thread please,not by PM). nothing too big or dramatic. Please add the full name, age and club and post on this thread so that we can keep it all open and fair.

When we have the names i will give them a number each and use the lottery draw on SAT 17th December to decide. Please feel free to post if you want to nominate someone.

If a drawn lottery ball matches the number against your name then you win.
    If there is more than one match then its the earliest ball out that wins
    If no-one exactly matches a number drawn then its who ever is the closest and again if we have more than one person who is say one number away, then it's the earliest ball out that wins.

http://www.theairguncentre.com/online-shop/air-arms/103-s400-superlite-deluxe

And the actual rifle
    http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1169/13382891/23845872/399801014.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

Fantastic news

Wow sounds fantastic Chris,well done for all the work you put in and some young one is getting a present of a lifetime plus as its a Mad thing he or she can shoot at Mad if they ever visit for FREE.

3. subaru swift

subaru swift I don't have a solution, I just love the problem.

Club:
    Kingsley HFT & Furnace mill.
    i will have to tell my lady whos shots hft & plinking with me as my step daughter who is 10 got a nice score of 7 \10 at kelmarsh on her first go with air gun last year so she was made up to say it nice bless her.
    & she is looking forward to me & my lady to taking her to furnace mill soon for a few lessons & to see how she goes on & maybe let her shot the hft course also, as she thinks she might take the sport up one day soon.

however its a pity her brother who is 9 can not really shot as yet as he was shoting the wrong lanes etc, but that is because he is having tests for adhd and autism so he can get a bit hyper at times sorry to say so it is best not to try him in this sport as yet be i will do asap i hope.

so thank you for doing something like this & its a pity she is not a member of a club as yet, but good luck to all that enter.

thanks

kenny

4. Gilogrt

Gilogrt Member

Club:
    Greyhound/Kibworth
    One day I'm sure he will be more than ready. I too have ADHD and wouldn't have it any other way. My only regret is that I didn't get it diagnosed earlier. I have a couple of friends with it too and they are the most creative, determined and naturally gifted people I know.

"If they try to rush me, I always say, 'I've only got one other speed and it's slower."

5. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Well, i never knew that:eek:....

A bump as well.

6. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Names now added......number will go on at the end of the week.:D

7. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Now closed and numbers have been added.

I picked the numbers out of a hat so that they were linked randomly to the names...good luck:D:D:D

8. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    No one got the number on the nose so the closest was number 40 (number 39 drawn)

Congratulations to Oliver Fleet (Cambridge):)

9. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

Combo

Matt told me today ,great news for the lad and what a christmas present,
    Well done.
    Chris;ll Fix IT

10. regsie

regsie Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    The young man concerned has no idea so will be in for a great suprise when presented.
    Thanks Chris an all the folks who are going to make an 11yr old lad very happy.
    Cheers Matt:)