Some positive coverage coming up on BBC

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by richardio123, Dec 2, 2010.

1. richardio123

richardio123 Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/9243287.stm

BBC Scotland's Sports Monthly will be highlighting Neil Stirton and Jen McIntosh. Only fair really since shooting was (again) Scotland's most successful sport at the Commonwealths.

There's a highly complimentary article from a former-anti on the other end of the link.

Comes up on Dec. 4th if you're in Scotland, or can get regional TV on FreeSat/Cable.

Hopefully it will be on iPlayer for the rest of us

2. richardio123

richardio123 Member

3. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor
    You know...I really would like to try this just for the experience...where in Yorkshire are the clubs that do this type of shooting?
    They seem like bigger anoraks than we are in FT....hmmmm:)

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    excellent link rich, nice to see a well put together peice.

Steg, check out the nsra website, there's a clubfinder on there, should be one around your way i'm sure. You're looking for prone and 3p, but 10m air rifle is quite a close relation, just standing only though.

5. richardio123

richardio123 Member

Yes FT is much less clinical compaired to 50 meter 3p or even 10m Air gun, last time I shot FT the targets seemed massive and I did ok ;-) Mind you I miss all the comp banter and the not turning up with just a pellet pouch and a rifle bag ;-) Be nice for some more FT'ers to come over to the dark side, there is alot of proof Ft makes good Olympic discipline shooters ;-)

Rich