Solving your weight problem...

Discussion in 'Tips, tricks and tutorials' started by RobF, Feb 27, 2009.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    We always have weight problems. Sometimes you get to the point where you feel like your carrying too much and you go to great lengths to get it off, but after a while many start to like a bit of weight here and there, after all, there's nothing wrong with it... in the right places... But often you can't get it where you want it, and have to put up with unsightly loads in places you'd rather not have it. Even if you've found out where you want it, how much, it can be an expensive operation to add it so it looks good.

The 10m scene have solved the above problems.

Those that have seen my rigs over the years will have seen various bits of lead from my tackle box sellotaped to various parts, where ever I thought was best.

Now here's the 10m solution, that looks more the part.

Here's my 10m Walther Anatomic with the weights added to replace the 60g of stainless I had taped to the muzzle.

[​IMG]

There's 12 x 5g weights there. But apart from them looking good, they're also self-adhesive, and being designed to fit on the inside of alloy car wheels, they're weatherproof as well. Each of these is individual, so you don't need to cut them up, and in 5g pieces you can increment how much you want, and stick them anywhere you want.

I've got them on the muzzle, because ISSF rules are quite restrictive on where you can add weight, it haveing to be in the silhouette of the rifle. But you can stick them anywhere on an FT rig, under the stock, in the stock, grip, under the cheekpiece... anywhere you can think of.

Because I knew how much I wanted and where, I just slapped them on... but you could sticky tape them on beforehand to get the feel right, and then stick them on once you've decided. And because they're designed to be removed, they will come off again.

I've bought a bag full, because that's the only way I could. But they were a lot cheaper than buying rail weights etc.

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

we need to find them in Tungsten:D

3. tim g

tim g Member

Club:
    North Oxon
    Hi Rob,
    Where'd you get them from? At the moment i've got bits of roofing lead wrapped around the uprights on my cheek-piece (from our demolished chimney, not the local church!). Is a bit ugly but i've only missed 1 stander in 8 since putting them on so would like to add something a bit more long-term.
    Cheers
    T

PS weather report for Sunday says gusting 27mph:eek:

4. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Tim g ,Mag wheel weights, try Quick Fit or Halfords:)

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I got them here

www.ptaconsumables.co.uk

Site looks a little flakey, but it worked, and took paypal, and the stuff arrived a couple of days later :)

6. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    A long weight

Will bring some with me on Sunday FOC we have them at work.:)