Soft Air

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by D. Clark, Feb 23, 2011.

1. D. Clark

D. Clark Member

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    Soft Air
    One of our club members has asked if he could shoot soft air at our club. My immediate response was no way, however having slept on it i feel it only fair to look into want soft air is.
    Can anyone help with a website or any information so that i/we could make an informed discision, or do any of you have an opinion that we should consider.

Thanks in advance.

2. wyseyes

wyseyes One Shot Wonder

Good old wiki is a start.

While the air soft guns may look authentic, the barrels are not rifled, and they have little in the way of accuracy at any range. Sometimes used for training or target practice, they won't move a knockdown or sihlouette, maybe even bounding off card targets. They shoot 6mm plastic pellets, do you want them littering your field? Riccochet off hard objects is common, so everyone will need eyewear.

Not sure they are really right for the target shooting associated with rifled air arms. The groups I know get all dressed up, rush out into a forest or arena, and try to shoot each other. A bit like paintball really.

3. samADAMSON

samADAMSON New Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    It would probably be best if they played airsoft at a club specifically for airsoft.

4. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Happily sitting plinking away at targets and next thing you know your surrounded by the Third Reich getting slotted with BB guns by a bunch of Ninja's, no thanks :D:D:D

5. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Airsoft

Big no no at Bisley cant even shoot at anything in human form on paper the NSRA is very firm on it, they did for a bit and it was a slip hazed little white balls all over the place.

6. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
    Saying its a big NO is not quite true.

Bisley have a designated pistol and vintage range which is used for use of low powered air rifles these include air soft.

The only stipulation is no ball bearing type ammo only the little plastic balls and not automatic firing semi auto is fine. Everyone in the area MUST wear safety goggles . Nothing looking like a person to shoot at.
    Also try to clear up to leave the area safe.

We have a couple of persons play but its not taken up as well as normal air rifles/pistols.

loopy

7. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Sorry Boss , it was big for a bit then i though it was stopped.:eek: