So near but yet so far - HFT

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Kingplinker, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Hi all

Just wondered what the lowest scores are that you have seen win a comp ? Low scores in general usually mean a hard course and the top few shot superbly but it can also be that a low score was often harder to achieve .
    I have lost count at the amount of times I have missed a gold by 1 point , funny as I got a gold on a 53 sunday but on another SIHFT I got silver on a 57 .

The one shoot that sticks in my mind was at Shepreth ( SH I think ) where I shot really well in that bloomin hard shepreth wind and was sure of a gold ..... only to find that D.Lindsay cleared the course . :rolleyes: At first I was well peeved but that turned into ( non gay ) admiration for someone that cleared the course under those conditions .

I have a good few bronze badges that were harder to attain than some of the ' higher ' awards but my favorite was my first comp at LV using my prosport , wind , rain , bloomin cold and shot everything kneeling due to my bad back . Silver and well chuffed !

Sometimes less really is more , well thats what I say when I score badly anyway . lol ( joke )

atvb

Dave

2. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I think the lowest I've seen win was a 56 and we had a 57 win at Hull in the NEFTA hunter the other week.

The hardest I've had to work for a badge was a 50 which got me a bronze the other year at Shepreth and I came off well pleased knowing that even though I've had golds,silvers and a platinum pheonix in the past I'd shot really well but had been beaten by a good course and an unreadable wind.
    I know what you mean sometimes you get more satisfaction from something like this than say shooting an easy course and coming off with a high score but knowing that you didn't have to try.

How did you manage to get a silver with a 57 by the way ?Max score=60 which means you should have got gold with a 56.You were done mate:D:D:D;)

Dave

3. martin c

martin c New Member

oh ! come on

gold,silver,bronze, what are these strange words i ask ? :confused:

4. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Some of our MVAC opens have been won with scores of 53- 55 and in the early days of HFT in this area a high 60s score or very low 70s ex 80 was almost certain of a top 3 spot!!! Now with the advent of easy to shoot pcps being readily affordable and people seemingly putting more effort into their shooting a score in the very high 70s is now needed most of the time:eek:

5. Feral

Feral New Member

It's done differently for SiHFT Dave....

top 5 + equal = gold
    next 5 + equal = silver
    next 5 + equal = bronze

In theory you could have 5 people clear and only get a silver for a 59... tough to come by them there SiHFT badges ;)

6. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Ah that explains it...interesting and like you say much harder to come by.
    Thanks for that mate;)

Dave

7. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Yeah I'd love to meet the tw@t who set this comp up :D:D:D

8. Roy

Roy New Member

My one and only win was a 55ex60
    It was a windy day luckily for me.

9. Snapshot

Snapshot Member

I won the springer section of a Wendover comp at Maidenhead with 47 or 48 ex 60. Pathetic!