Smoking and vaping

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by countorik, Oct 14, 2015.

1. countorik

countorik BFTA C Grade Champion 2010

Club:
    Tondu
    Just in case there are shooters out there who are not aware, it will be proposed at the next BFTA meeting that smoking and vaping be banded at BFTA ft shoots. WHY.

2. Steven842

Steven842 " if yar crap yar crap "

Club:
    Alloa & district RC
    It should be banned at HFT events as well , not only is it a distraction when your about to take your shot it's anti social and kids on the courses have to breath in the stench.

Vaping on the other hand is a bit more acceptable and works better than the silly feathers FT guys put on thier guns :shot::p:p

3. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Shebbear
    From someone who has never smoked or vapped (is that even a word?), I also ask, why?

As long as the person smoking is not causing any upset to others around them, I really don't have a problem.

4. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Does that mean that the Bear cannot go for a dump in the woods then just in case the steam, stench and fumes drift towards the farting line:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5. countorik

countorik BFTA C Grade Champion 2010

Club:
    Tondu
    Smoking

It's PC gone mad, its outside wind blowing, what's the problem.
    I'd like the person who proposed this ban to explain the reason behind it.

6. Mally106

Mally106 Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Topic

So the BFTA are now the government of the country?
    It took the government decades to ban smoking in "enclosed" public places,so now it's anyone probably none smokers that can now decide to infringe human rights and try and ban the act in a totally open space!!!
    If someone is smoking or vaping and it causes offense ask that person to put it out, most of us will oblige.

7. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    Hopefully common sense will prevail, I can see the point in smoking bans in certain areas in the summer , and I dare say so can the smokers , as for banning it generally why?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    They will ban farting next, you wait n see :eek::D.. in some case that`s more hazardous than smoking :eek:

9. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    filthy habit

Wonder if you'll be able to smoke whilst doing kneelers , might as well break two rules at once :eek::eek:
    Start a pole Peter , I vote ban:p

10. Bury more

Bury more Member

Club:
    B/Gwent
    Smoking

Vapping creates steam
    does that mean the kettle is going ??

11. vinny

vinny WHFTA 2015 World Champion

Club:
    M.A.D
    A bit more consideration of putting butts out might be a good idea , ive stubbed one out with my elbow , that werent fun , good job it was only a club practise , lets face it no one likes smelly old butts disposed off near the pegs its grimm

12. C.Eaton

C.Eaton Confirmed Anschutz Nut...

Club:
    Springfield/ TEGC/ETL
    Sounds like a trolling exercise to be honest. No one is seriously going to get this through any committee.
    I don't smoke in any guise, but in my book if people want to smoke or vape outdoors it's a free World and if some people need to de-stress during a comp they should be able to without persecution.
    Smoking in a Club hut is a different matter, but then you would hope that common sense would prevail, especially if kids are around.

13. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Wfta

Is this all part of running rules to mirror the Worlds ? Seems to be the way things are heading, soon no string pulling or powder puffing will follow.
    It might be a good thing if a few decide to give up , after all most would grumble about paying £8.00 for pellets let alone paying that and setting fire to them.
    Wonder how many Bfta reps Smoke?

14. Air Armed

Air Armed MFTA Secretary

Club:
    Castle FTC
    Just to be clear, this ISN'T a BFTA proposal, it's a proposal made to the BTFA to be discussed at the AGM. I'll be there putting my 2 penneth in, I'm a 'vaper' so you can probably guess which way I'll be going!

If it were to be passed, I'd be putting in a ban on 'breathing out' at the shooting line on cold days!

15. BDL

BDL Dangerous

Club:
    Blaenau Gwent
    I've never succumb to we weakness but many have decided to poison themselves thats their choice . As long as it isn't in my face carry on, if it was and they didn't move it would be up their *** before they could blink.

As for a wind aid its good to watch others if that's the reason it's proposed then we had best also ban winter leagues as ours breath also steams.

Bri

16. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Calm down

Proposal had been submitted to the secretary

The secretary cannot say "that's bonkers" and then find out the FT community thinks otherwise.

The BFTA as referred to has not brought the proposal - it is from a region of the BFTA

So I repeat

Calm down

17. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    Which region has proposed it then Shaun....?
    Or is it a secret:D

18. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    csfta has proposed

19. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard Hillier has made AA Staff Member

Club:
    Oaktree
    the regions are the bfta, so let your reps know how you want them to vote on this and the other matters.

cant say it makes sense to ban it myself as I often watch others smoke for my own advantage.

20. Keith t

Keith t Member

WFTF comprehensive rules (see exert below) already prohibit the use of powders, using your cigarette smoke, throwing leaves/grass/soil etc from being used. Dont shoot the messenger.

In SA, SAFTAA have implemented these changes for league shoots so that our shooters are in-line with the WFTF.

from WFTF Comprehensive rules
    Wind reading options

To assist shooters reading the wind the available options are :
    Wind indicator (string or similar) attached to the rifle.
    Target string.
    No additional equipment, electrontic or other, may be used to assist the shooter in evaluating the wind or other weather conditions.