Small worry with cylinder :/

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by steve cole, Jul 12, 2012.

1. steve cole

steve cole Member

Club:
    Greyhound Gun Club
    Hi guys just a quick one to settle my mind, I am modifying an EV2 stock to fit my HW and when fitting the barrel band I needed a slightly longer bolt, I put one in and noticed it went tight so I took it out, removed the action and slid the barrel band forward and noticed that the reason it was getting tight was because it was on the A&M aluminium cylinder its put a tiny tiny screw mark on the cylinder, less than a mill I would have tought just were the steel bolt has pressed on the cylinder... Would this affect it in any way shap or form? It's less than 2mm the mark and it's more of a deep scratch but as this is a preasurised 200bar cylinder would it still be okay and am I worrying over nothing? It still remains empty and still hasn't had a fill so before I do so I just wanted to make sure it's not going to crack/ rupture or fracture.. I highly doubt this but after the unfortunate GinB insident I want total piece of mind

Many thanks
    Steve

2. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Cylinders are usually pretty thick walled tube but can be a dangerous thing to play with just recently the main man from ginb spent a little time in hospital after a cyloiinder blew up on him if your unsure have it checked by hull cartridge. at minimum put something on it to stop it rusting if its a steel tube

3. blackscale

blackscale Member

I would get somebody to check it out, fact is you are posting because you are concerned and that is good enough reason to get it checked!

4. steve cole

steve cole Member

Club:
    Greyhound Gun Club
    Very true, the reason i am worried is A; i worry about everyting lol but B; just due to the high preasure i will give A&M a bell later and see what they say? They might be able to re preasure test it or tell me straight away fingers crossed

5. steve cole

steve cole Member

Club:
    Greyhound Gun Club
    Sorted By A Real Gent

Contacted A&M and can i just say what a top bloke Adrian really is, i explained what i had done and were the damage is and he is going to get the problem sorted for me, the service really is 1st class, no question about it if any one is in two minds about getting one of these cylinders don't be, the product is fantastic as is the service :D

just try to avoid putting a dent in it like i did lol :rolleyes::(

Steve