single shot tray

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by rob_dangereux, Feb 3, 2010.

1. rob_dangereux

rob_dangereux New Member

Hi all I use my gun mainly for fun and rabbiting, but would like to try my hand at HFT. I will be modifying my rifle which will make it nearly impossible to use a single shot tray!! In HFT is there a rule that says I have to have a single shot tray? or is it that I must unload the magazine from the gun between lanes? either way would be a pain with my new idea on my gun. or is it just sensible gun etiquette and none of the above. Cheers rob

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I'm talking specifically UKAHFT here but most others seem to be the same on this point.

A mulit shot rifle can be used but the magazine MUST be removed between lanes & the rifle de-cocked, if it has an inline mag then only one shot is to be loaded at a time. a single shot tray can obviously be left in between lanes

Hope this helps

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Same as in FT. I'm not sure there's any comp I can think of that allows you to move between lanes with a mag in the gun.

4. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Over-riding principle being a magazine fitted on the rifle means it cannot seen to be in a safe condition whilse in transit or whilse shooter is waiting to shoot.

5. rob_dangereux

rob_dangereux New Member

thought as much, will have to rethink my mod, cos would like to give HFT a go. thanks guys

6. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Good excuse to have two guns bud:D:D:D

7. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

I think that's the most intelligent thing I've ever seen you write:p:p:p:D:D:D